|Available for||User roles||Super Admin, Admin, Team Member, Limited Team Member
Can only be configured by Super Admins
The Canvass integration helps talent acquisition teams seamlessly add asynchronous video interviewing to Lever. Pre-record interview questions and invite candidates to respond in their own time.
Readers of this article will learn the following:
- How to Setup the Integration
- How to Configure the Integration
- How to Use the Integration
- How to Send an Interview to the Candidate
- How to Review the Candidate Response
Setup the integration:
||Access role must be Super Admin in Lever to set up the integration. You must be a team or organization with admin rights in Canvass to install this integration.|
- Sign into Canvass and navigate to your company settings.
- Switch to the INTEGRATE tab.
- Select Lever from the drop-down and click + ADD INTEGRATION.
- Review the list of requested permissions. Click Accept.
Wait a few seconds for your integration to be completed…
Congratulations 🎉 — your accounts are now connected!
How to configure the integration:
Enable webhook events
- Sign into Lever and click here or navigate to SETTINGS > Integrations and API > WEBHOOKS.
- Enable the toggle switch for CANDIDATE STAGE CHANGE to the on (green) position.
Add a pipeline stage
- In Lever, navigate to SETTINGS > Pipeline and archive reasons > PIPELINE STAGES.
||For more information on adding pipeline stages on Lever, refer to our Help Center article on adding pipeline stages.|
- Click CUSTOMIZE PIPELINE STAGES.
- Click + ADD STAGE.
- Enter "Canvass" as the name and click ADD STAGE.
- Move your new stage to the desired position and click NEXT.
- Click NEXT again.
- Click SAVE.
Wait for your changes to be applied…
Congratulations 🎉 — you now have a Canvass stage in your pipeline!
Link positions to jobs
- In Canvass, navigate to the Settings tab within a Canvass position that you’d like to link with a job in Lever.
- Copy the value in the Lever tag section to your clipboard.
- Navigate to a job within Lever and paste your new tag.
- Click SAVE CHANGES.
Congratulations 🎉 — you're now ready to send interview invites via Lever!
How to use the integration:
The following steps walk you through conducting a Canvass interview from within Lever.
Send an interview
- In Lever, navigate to a candidate who you’d like to invite to your interview in Canvass.
- Move them into the "Canvass" stage.
||The job associated to the candidate needs to be one which you’ve linked to a position in Canvass.|
Congratulations 🎉 — your candidate has been emailed an interview invite!
Review their response
You’ll receive a notification and note on the candidate once they’ve completed their interview. Click on the link provided by Canvass.
Review their response and determine next steps.
How to disable the integration:
1. Navigate to your Integrations & API Settings Page in Lever.
2. Under the Authorized Apps tab, locate the Canvass app.
3. Click Revoke Access to disable the integration.