|Available for||Roles||Super Admin, Admin|
|Permissions||• Manage Visual Insights report settings|
|Packages||LeverTRM for Enterprise, Advanced HR add-on|
Time to fill can be a strong indicator of your organization's talent acquisition efficiency. It is important that the way in which time to fill is measured accurately reflects your recruitment practices. The Time to Fill Configuration feature allows you to define the start and end points of the time to fill calculation, so the chart values on your Visual Insights dashboards are representative of the way in which your TA team operates. The time to fill calculation relies on information and actions taken with requisitions. To learn more, refer to our requisitions help article.
How time to fill is calculated
Time to fill is calculated by measuring the length of time between a start point and an end point in a requisition's life cycle. There are three possible start points and four possible end points that can be used when calculating time to fill.
|Start points||End points|
The time to fill calculation for your Lever environment is based off of one start point and one end point. The Time to Fill Configuration feature allows you to configure the time to fill calculation by selecting a start and end point pairing.
Below are definitions for each start and end point:
- Time to fill start date
- Measurement starts on the date entered in the 'Time to fill start' field on the requisition (see image below).
- Requisition created
- Measurement starts on the date the requisition was created. Note this may differ from the date that the requisition opened, depending on when the requisition is approved.
- Requisition approved
- Measure starts on the date the requisition opened.
- Requisition closed
- Measurement ends on the date the requisition is closed, either manually or by filling the headcount.
- Headcount filled
- Measurement ends on the date the requisition headcount is filled. Requisitions closed manually are excluded from the calculation.
- Employee start date
- Measurement ends on the start date entered in the 'Start date' field on hired candidate's accepted offer. If there are multiple candidates are hired against the same requisition, the latest start date is used.
- Time to fill end date
- Measurement ends on the date entered in the 'Time to fill end' field on the requisition (see image below).
The 'Time to fill start' and 'Time to fill end' points are defined in the requisition editor.
To illustrate the differences between the types of start and end points, consider the following example...
- On June 3rd, a recruiter drafts a requisition for a Financial Analyst role. The headcount for this role is three. They set the 'Time to fill start' date as June 1st and the 'Time to fill end' date as July 15th. The requisition is approved (and subsequently opens) on June 5th. By the end of the month, two of the three Financial Analyst positions have been filled. One of the hired candidates starts on July 1st and the other starts on July 7th. Due to unforeseen budget constraints and a lack of additional candidates, the decision is made to halt the hiring for this role at two Financial Analysts. The recruiter manually closes the requisition on June 30th.
Here is a recap of the different start and end points in the example:
|Start points||End points|
Given these start and end points, here is the breakdown of how time to fill would be calculated for each pairing:
|Time to fill start||Requisition created||Requisition approved|
|Requisition closed||30 days||27 days||25 days|
|Headcount filled||N/A - this requisition would be excluded from the time to fill calculation|
|Employee start date||37 days||35 days||33 days|
|Time to fill end||45 days||43 days||41 days|
Configuring the time to hire calculation
To configure the time to fill calculation...
- Navigate to Visual Insights via the platform header
- Click the chevron (>) on the left side of the page
- Click Settings and Extras
- Click Use the wizard on the 'Setup Time to Fill calculation' tile
Before changing the time to fill calculation, review the current state of the calculation on the first page in the setup sequence. By default, the time to fill calculation in a Lever environment is configured to the 'Requisition created' start point and the 'Requisition closed' end point. Click Next Step to proceed.
On the metric configuration page, select a start point. Once you have selected a start point, the end point options will be revealed. Select an end point option to pair with your selected start point and click the Finish button.
On the final page, you can navigate back to your Visual Insights dashboards or jump straight to your Requisitions dashboard to review how the changes you made to the time to fill calculation will be reflected.
Charts affected by changes to the time to fill calculation
Changes made to the time to fill calculation will be reflected on the following Visual Insights dashboard charts:
Refer to our Requisitions dashboard help article to learn more.
Average time to fill