|Available for||Roles||Super Admin, Admin, Team Member, Limited Team Member
Can only be enabled by Super Admins
|Permissions||• (To enable) Manage API credentials and manage integrations
• (To use) Manage profiles and view associated postings
|Packages||LeverTRM, LeverTRM for Enterprise|
Here’s the quickest way to enable integration between Lever and cFIRST for seamless background checks experience for your recruitment teams and candidates.
Setting up the cFIRST integration
Enable the integration
- Log into the cFIRST application and navigate to the menu. Click on the Integrations tab. Locate Lever in the list and click the icon to enable the integration.
- This will get you on the Lever authentication page using oAuth authentication. After providing login details, it will ask for the scope approval as provided in the screen below. Click Accept.
- Once successfully configured, you will be sent back to the cFIRST portal which will be displaying additional details required for the integration.
You will need to generate a webhook token in Lever for candidate stage changes so that your candidates can be pushed from Lever to cFIRST upon moving into a designated 'Background Verification' stage (or any other stage of your choosing).
This webhook token can then be added to cFIRST.
- In cFIRST, copy the link available in the “Candidate Stage Change Webhook URL” field and paste it into a document so you can reference it later on in the configuration.
- In Lever, navigate to Settings > Integrations and API > Webhooks
- Scroll to the Candidate Stage Change webhook and click + Add webhook
- Copy the “Candidate Stage Change Webhook URL” from the cFIRST portal and paste it to the Candidate Stage Change webhook url field in Lever. Click Verify Connection.
- If the connection is successfully verified, copy the Signature token from the Candidate Status Change webhook settings on Lever into the 'Signature Token' field on cFIRST.
- Select 'Background Verification' from the Stage dropdown list.
- Select the default screening package from the list. Click Submit.
Using the cFIRST integration
To trigger background checks process within your Lever account, change the candidate stage to 'Background Verification'. The cFIRST app will action the necessary steps to invite candidate to share details/documents to process background checks.
You can also choose to select a package in Lever by adding a tag of the package name to the opportunity. The existing packages can be found by typing "cfpkg:". You will see all available packages as drop-down options under the tag. If you want to use an alternate package than the default one, you can use that as well.
Disabling the cFIRST integration
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations and API
- Under ‘Authorized Apps’, locate the cFIRST app
- Click Revoke access