|Available for||User roles||Super Admin, Admin, Team Member, Limited Team Member
Can only be configured by Super Admins
Requires CoderPad plan that supports ATS integrations
SMG is the home of the POP™ (Predictor of Potential) and has become one of the largest personality assessment companies operating in over 40 countries and 40 languages.
Readers of this article will learn:
- Setting up Self Management Group integration
- Configuring the Integration
- Using the Integration
- Creating a Job
- Creating EPOP Assessments
- Adding Opportunities to the Job Posting
- Viewing Results on Lever
- Accessing the Report
Setting up the integration:
||To enable the integration, please reach out to SMG support via firstname.lastname@example.org or your SMG Account Manager to get an account reference code.|
Note: Access role must be Super Admin in Lever to set up the integration.
1. Go to the Self Management Group OAuth login page at https://pop.selfmgmt.com/
2. Enter the account reference code provided to you by SMG Support or your SMG Account Manager.
3. Follow the prompt to log into your account. Review list of requested permissions. Click Accept to authorize integration.
Congratulations! The connection between your company and Self Management is now active!
Configuring the integration:
The integration adds a new webhook configuration for when you move a candidate to ‘a new stage’. This webhook is disabled on Lever by default, so you must enable it.
- In Lever, navigate to Settings > Integrations and API
- Click on the Webhooks tag
- If it is not already toggled on, toggle on the “Candidate Stage Change” webhook
How to use the integration:
Creating a Job
1. In Lever, go to the Jobs tab (top-left corner) and click + ADD JOB POSTING.
2. Enter the name of your job posting.
3. Specify the Location and Team. You will need to choose where to distribute the job posting.
4. Indicate who the Hiring Manager is.
Refer to our help article on creating and managing job postings for additional guidance on creating job postings in Lever.
Creating EPOP Assessments
1. Recruiters MUST request the position Tags from SMG. See examples below:
2. Add the tag "POP-INVITE-CANDIDATE" to the job posting in Lever.
When an opportunity associated with the job posting moves to the Assessment stage, an invitation will get emailed out to the candidate.
||The tags must be formatted with a hyphen “-“ in order to work.|
3. Click CREATE POSTING.
4. Click DONE.
Congratulations, your job posting is now active!
Adding Opportunities to the Job Posting
Recruiters can now add opportunities (candidates) to the job posting.
1. In Lever, go to the Candidates tab. Click + ADD CANDIDATE , select ADD MANUALLY.
2. Add Name.
3. Add email.
4. Add Opportunity or Choose Job.
5. Move Opportunity to Assessment stage.
||The tags will be generated automatically once the application is in the assessment stage.|
6. The Self-Management POP Engine will be notified by Lever (via the API integration).
7. The Assessment will be pulled (based on the ID # shown next to the assessment tag on Lever).
The assessment link will appear on the links list on the opportunity (see arrow below).
8. The Assessment has been sent to the candidate.
Candidate View: Completing the Assessment
1. Once the candidate receives the email invitation, they will need to click on the link to access the assessment. See below for a screenshot of a sample assessment.
2. Once the questionnaire has been completed, the candidate will click Submit and will be taken to a Thank You page.
Recruiter: Viewing the Results on Lever
Once the candidate has completed the assessment, the Self-Management POP Engine will automatically update the assessment status tag from POP-IN-Progress to POP-Completed within the Client’s Lever dashboard.
In the screenshot below you can see the following:
- Link to the report.
- Assessment link (invalid once completed).
- Status of the assessment.
Recruiter: Accessing the Report
1. The contents of the report can be customized as needed for each client.
2. Report will explain in more detail how the prospective candidate has performed in certain categories.
3. It lists out key character traits across the full spectrum.
4. The report contains both the Manager’s report and the Candidate feedback (that can be shared with the candidate, if needed)
The candidate report covers topics such as "What candidates should seek and avoid in jobs".
5. If the candidate has applied for multiple roles and completed an assessment for each role, the recruiter can change the role from a dropdown and rerun the report.
To see an example, refer to our sample report.
Please contact Lever Support via the Lever Support Request Form for integration assistance.
How to disable the integration:
1. Navigate to your Integrations & API Settings Page in Lever.
2. Under the Authorized Apps tab, locate the Self Management Group app.
3. Click Revoke Access to disable the integration.