|Available for||User roles||Super Admin, Admin, Team Member, Limited Team Member
Can only be configured by Super Admins
ishield.ai is an AI assistant for inclusive brand communications.
The ishield.ai integration empowers your team to create inclusive job postings. Using our chrome extension, we surface learning moments for the creator to create job posts free of gender bias, ageism, race bias and ableist language right in your Lever platform.
The ishield.ai integration provides the following features:
- Detect Gender, Age, Race and Ableist coded language.
- Highlight the issues in the content and provide an explanation.
- Provide recommendations to fix the issues to create inclusive job postings.
- Provide insights and metrics on trends overtime.
Readers of this article will learn the following:
Setup the integration:
Note: Access role must be Super Admin in Lever to set up the integration.
Step 1: Connecting the integration
1. Register with the email ID you use to login to Lever. This registration is only required once and should be done by a Super Admin of your Lever ATS account.
2. As a next step, you will be directed to authorize this integration for your Lever ATS account. Click Accept.
3. Done. You will now be directed to the chrome store to install and use this plugin with your Lever ATS.
Step 2: Install the ishield.ai Chrome extension
Click on the Add to Chrome Store button. That is it. The plugin will be installed on your browser.
How to use the integration:
1. Navigate to the Job postings dashboard on Lever.
2. Create or edit job descriptions and click on the Analyze button on the ishield.ai screener popup to the right side of the screen. This will analyze the job description for biases.
3. View bias results and recommendations. The phrases where the issues have been found are highlighted in the text and also are listed in the screener popup.
4. Use recommendations. Click on each issue to copy the recommendation (if desired) and replace by pasting the text into the textbox on Lever.
Common troubleshooting tips
When the chrome extension is not clickable and you get the following pop-up:
Click on Manage Extension. You will be taken to the plugin page on the Chrome browser. You will see an “On / Off” toggle.
Toggle the extension to off and switch it back on again. The extension should start working.
If the chrome plugin still does not work, clear the cache for errors following the below steps:
1. On the Chrome browser, click on Extensions and go to the Extension page (see screenshot below).
2. Do you see a button titled “Errors” on the Bias Detection technology tile? Click the Errors button.
3. Click the Clear All button on the error screen (see screenshot below).
4. Go back to the extension page, by clicking the back arrow button.
5. Refresh the chrome plugin (see screenshot below).
How to disable the integration:
Send us an email at email@example.com to notify us about your request to disable the integration.
Uninstall the chrome extension from your browser.
1. On Google Chrome, go to the Extensions page (Chrome > Preferences > Extensions)
2. On the Bias Detection Technology tile, click Remove.
Uninstall the app on Lever
1. Navigate to your Integrations & API Settings Page in Lever.
2. Under the Authorized Apps tab, locate the ishield.ai app.
3. Click Revoke Access to disable the integration.