|Available for||Roles||Super Admin, Admin|
|Permissions||• Manage requisition settings|
|Packages||LeverTRM for Enterprise, Advanced HR add-on|
From the Requisitions page in your Settings, you can configure how requisitions operate in your Lever environment, including the addition of custom fields to the requisition form. To configure requisition settings, click your avatar in the top-right corner of the platform header, select Settings from the menu, and click 'Requisitions' in the left-side navigation. Note that this page will appear empty if you do not have LeverTRM for Enterprise or the Advanced HR add-on. To learn more about how to use requisitions, refer to our requisitions help article.
In this article
General requisition settings
Use the toggle at the top of the Requisition settings page, to enable/disable requisitions in your Lever environment. When enabled, the 'Requisitions' tab will appear in the Jobs section of your Lever environment, from which requisitions can be created and managed. Every opportunity marked as 'Hired' must be hired against a requisition. Every offer generated in Lever must be associated with a posting linked to a requisition.
Once you have enabled requisitions, you will need to configure the following settings:
Requisition management method
This option is configured by default. This setting allows you to create and edit requisitions both directly in Lever, as well as in an external system connected through Lever's API. Requisitions created in an external system can be pushed to Lever in a 'draft' state, and then updated and approved in Lever. Note: changes made in Lever to requisitions that were initially drafted in an external system will not be synced back to that system.
When this setting is selected, requisitions can only be created and edited in an external system connected through Lever's Data API. You will not be able to create or manage requisitions in Lever, but you will be able to associate job postings created in Lever with requisitions created in your external system. Note: if this setting is selected, requisitions cannot be pushed from your external system to Lever in a 'draft' state. To learn more about how to generate and configure credentials for Lever's API, refer to our help article on API credentials.
Requisition code generation
This option is configured by default. Requisition codes will be automatically generated when requisition are created.
The 'Req. code' field on the requisition form will require manual input when new requisitions are being created.
The fields listed in your requisition settings appear on the requisition form. There are two types of requisition fields:
These fields are hard-coded into the requisition form and cannot be changed or removed. You can mark a system field as required by clicking the asterisk (*) aligned to its right. All required system fields on the requisition form must have an input before a requisition can be created. Note that the following system fields are always required:
- Requisition code
System fields as they appear on the requisitions settings page
System fields as they appear on the requisition form
Add custom fields to your requisition form to capture unique information relevant to the way in which your organization manages requisitions. To add a custom field:
- Click the + Add New Field button below the custom fields list
- Input the following information for the custom field:
- Field name - this is the how the field will be labelled on the requisition form
- Field id - used as programatic reference point for integrations (e.g an HRIS integration that will pull information from that field when triggered by the associated opportunity).
- Lowercase characters only; numbers and underscores allowed; must start with a letter
- The field id cannot be changed once a custom field is saved.
- Field type - select from one of the following:
- Text - allows for text input
- Number - allows for number input
- Date - allows for date selection
- Dropdown - allows for a single selection from options list
- Field group - used to group questions; subfields can be added to serve as questions within the group as either text, number, or date field types
- To add a subfield, hover over the custom field group and click the plus sign (+) aligned to the right.
Custom fields as they appear on the requisition settings page
Custom fields as they appear on the requisition form
Hover over a custom field in the list to reveal options to edit, reorder, or delete the field. Click the asterisk (*) aligned to the right of a custom field to mark it as required.