|Available for||User roles||All users. Can only be configured by Super Admins|
|Packages||Select Lever packages|
This guide will tell you everything you need to know so that you can connect Deel to Lever and configure Lever properly. Furthermore, you will learn how to generate new Deel contracts when using Lever to streamline your HR handoff process once you’ve made an offer.
Readers of this article will learn the following:
- How to Setup the Integration
- How to Configure the Integration
- How to onboard a candidate from Lever to Deel
- How to customize your Deel <> Lever integration
Setup the integration:
||Access role must be Super Admin in Lever to set up the integration. You must be a team or organisation with admin rights in Deel to install this integration.|
1. Log in to your Deel account and click Integrations in the menu bar.
2. Select Lever from the list of integrations.
3. Now click Connect to establish the connection.
4. Sign-in to your Lever account to connect both platforms.
Use your usual Lever credentials to log in and authenticate the integration.
5. Click Accept to authorize the integration.
As you can see from the image below, Deel will need access to candidate, opportunities, requisitions, requisition fields, webhooks and offline access in order to generate contracts in Deel when you hire someone in Lever.
6. Congratulations! The connection between Deel and Lever is active!
There are still a few quick steps we will need you to take to configure Lever for this integration. In a later part of this guide you will also learn about how to configure data mappings in Deel.
For now we have pre-installed some optional field mappings (see below). Please read on.
How to configure the integration:
Though you have activated the connection, there are still a few steps you need to take from within Lever to complete the configuration.
1. In Lever, go to Settings.
2. Click on Integrations and API.
3. Click on the Webhooks tab.
4. If it is not already toggled, toggle the “Candidate Hire” webhook on.
The integration adds a new webhook configuration for when you move a candidate to ‘hired’. This webhook is disabled on Lever by default, so you must enable it. Once enabled, Lever will communicate to Deel the required information to generate a new contract in Deel.
1. In Settings, go to Requisitions and ensure “Enable requisitions” is active.
For now, you are required to use Lever’s Requisitions feature in order for the integration to properly function. This is because it’s the only place Deel is able to install the ‘Hire remotely using Deel?’ field.
Congratulations! You are now fully set up to generate contracts via Lever. The next part of this guide will explain how to hire someone using Deel via Lever.
For any questions regarding webhook or requisition setup, please contact Lever Support.
How to use the integration:
Onboarding a candidate from Lever to Deel
This part of the guide will explain how the integration actually works. At a top-level, the integration pushes candidate details to Deel when they are moved to the ‘hired’ stage and the candidate requisition is using the newly added ‘Hire remotely using Deel?’ field. Deel will then generate a ‘draft’ contract visible to client users in Deel in the contracts tab. Read on for how it works.
1. Go to the Jobs tab, click Requisitions and select a requisition.
2. In the Requisitions tab, you can view the additional field that was added while connecting Lever to Deel. The field "Hire remotely using Deel?" will allow you to identify which opportunities to bring into Deel.
It includes Deel’s 4 contract types:
- Fixed Rate
- Full-Time Employee
- Pay As You Go
To create a contract in Deel, select the contract type and completed the requisition in Lever. Read more about Deel contract types here.
3. Go to Candidates, to update and give offers.
4. Once a candidate is hired, update the candidate's status to "Hired."
Doing this will trigger the webhook to Deel. You should soon see the result of this in Deel.
5. Go to your Deel account and click Contracts. You should see the newly hired candidate from Lever as a ‘Draft’ contract in Deel! The integration can take a few minutes to process.
If you cannot see the contract, you may want to use the ‘contract status’ filter and select the ‘draft’ option. Here you will see all draft contracts as well as the system they originated from.
6. Complete the rest of the contract and fill in any missing details.
||The integration will create a draft contract for whoever in your organisation is using Deel to complete. Deel doesn’t yet support every data mapping nor the signing process via Lever, so someone will always need to finalize the contract in Deel and invite the team-member.|
||You can click ‘Open the offer in Lever’ which will open a new tab and deep-link the user to the Lever offer in case they need to quickly reference anything.|
Customising your Deel <> Lever integration
Custom Field Mapping
Right now Deel supports mapping data from the candidate’s offer, requisition and opportunity (candidate) for text, date and numeric type fields. Deel aims to support more data mappings in the future. Furthermore, these mappings as of now are specific to the Deel contract type.
To add a new mapping, click the Add button on the Optional Field Mapping section. On the left-side you will be able to pick the field from Lever. On the right, you will be able to select the Deel contract field.
We encourage you to configure and run some hiring tests to make sure that the integration functions to your liking. Your dedicated Deel customer success manager will have even more insights as to how to optimally configure data mappings.
Email notification settings
We strongly recommend adding an inbox to get alerts about your Lever<>Deel integration. Primarily, Deel will use this email to send a notification if the integration has lost authentication. This might happen if the person who originally set up the integration leaves your organisation, for example.
For any questions regarding content creation and data mapping, or additional support, please reach out to the Deel support team within the Deel platform.
How to disable the integration:
1. Navigate to your Integrations & API Settings Page in Lever.
2. Under the Authorized Apps tab, locate the Deel app.
3. Click Revoke Access to disable the integration.
4. In Deel, scroll to the bottom of the Settings page and toggle the Integration Status toggle to off.
5. To delete the integration (which removes the integration, webhook and custom field mapping) click on the Delete integration button.