|• Manage archive reasons
|Lever Basic, LeverTRM, LeverTRM for Enterprise
As your organization's talent acquisition function develops over time, the reasons for which you archive candidates will likely need to evolve accordingly. Lever allows you to customize your archive reasons to reflect changes in your team's recruitment procedures. Note that archive reason customization can have far-reaching effects on the data in your Lever environment. We advise that you familiarize yourself with the design and function of the Archive before attempting to make changes. To learn more, check out our help article on the design and function of the Archive. For more information on archive reason customization, refer to the other help articles on this topic:
What counts as a modification?
Modification of an archive reason is defined as one or more of the following actions:
- Renaming - i.e. changing the name of an archive reason
- Reordering - i.e. moving an archive reason to a new location in the sequence of archive reasons
Rules for modifying archive reasons
Given how foundational the archive is to other functions throughout the platform, there are certain actions you cannot take when modifying archive reasons. Specifically:
- All archive reasons must have different names. You cannot change the name of an archive reason to match that of another archive reason. This restriction ensures that you have proper quality data in your analytics.
Knowing when to modify archive reasons
Before reactivating an archive reason, ask yourself the following questions:
- Have I communicated the planned modification to my team?
- If you are modifying an archive reason to reflect a change in procedure, be sure to notify your team of you planned modification so they can continue to attribute the appropriate archive reasons to opportunities that they archive.
In general, archive reasons should only be modified to reflect changes in procedure that will impact how opportunities are archived going forward, and will not necessarily affect opportunities that have already been archived under existing reasons. Below is an example of when it would be appropriate to modify an archive reason:
- An HR Operations Manager suspects that the low number of candidates archived with the 'Internship Program' archive reason has to do with its location at the bottom of the list of archive reasons. They spot check a random sample of opportunities in their archive and find a number of candidates that would be great fits of their internship program, which further supports their hypothesis. They decide to move the archive reason to the top of the list, hoping that better visibility will increase the frequency with which this archive reason is used. They also change the name of the archive reason to 'Intern Potential' to make it clearer to recruiters of their team that archiving a candidate for this reason does not automatically mean they will be considered for the program. The HR Operations Manager circulates a short memo, reminding their team of the internship program and how use of the archive reason helps fill their pool of prospective interns.
How to modify archive reasons
|The modification of archive reasons may affect integrations you have enabled in LeverTRM. As a best practice, review your active integrations for any triggers associated with an archive reason (and make adjustments if necessary) prior to modifying an archive reason.
- Navigate to Settings > Pipeline and archive reasons > Archive reasons. Here you will see a preview of your Archive, as well as the list of active and deactivated archive reasons in your Lever environment.
- Click the Customize archive reasons button to open the archive reason editor. Each archive reason will be represented by a tile, organized in the order that they appear in your archive. Each tile will show a tally of the number of opportunities currently associated with the archive reason.
- To modify the name of an archive reason, click the archive reason name on the tile to open the archive reason edit modal. Type the new name of the archive reason into the 'Name' field and the click the Save Changes button.
- To reorder an archive reason, hover of the left side of the tile (until two lines of dots appear) and then click and drag it to the desired location.
- When you are ready to confirm your archive reason modifications, click the Next button to the right of the progress bar at the top of the page.
- If you are deactivating archive reasons with associated opportunities as part of this same series of customizations, you will be presented with a summary list of archive reasons to be deactivated and the total number of opportunities associated with each reason that need to be re-associated before the deactivation can be completed. Refer to our article on deactivating archive reasons to learn about best practices and potential impacts of this action. Click the Next button to proceed.
- The final step is to review your slated changes. On the review page, you will find a comparison view of the current and future state of your Archive once your changes are applied. Below this, you will find a table with a detailed summary of all of your slated changes. At the bottom of the review page, you will find a table summarizing the impacts your changes will have on your analytics.
Example of changes to archive reasons summary
Impact of changes to analytics table
- Click the Save button to the right of progress bar to apply your changes. It may take a few moments for the changes to your archive reasons to be applied. You can return to Lever while this process runs in the background. Note, it will not be possible to make further changes to your archive reasons until the initial set of customizations have been applied. When your changes have been applied, a pop-up notification will appear in Lever. Click the button in the pop-up to view the changes in your Settings.
|If you exit the archive reason customization workflow without applying your updates, any changes you have made up to that point will be lost.