|Available for||Roles||Super Admin, Admin, Team Member
Can only be enabled and configured by Super Admins
|Permissions||• To enable: Manage API credentials and manage integrations
• To use: View profiles and associated job postings
|Packages||LeverTRM, LeverTRM for Enterprise|
Checkmate's integration with Lever allows you to initiate Checkmate background and reference checks for candidates directly from Lever.
Enabling the Checkmate integration
Step 1: Activate the integration
- Navigate to the 'Integrations' section of your Checkmate account page
- Select 'Lever' from the list of integrations and click the Integrate button
- Grant Checkmate permission to use Lever's API on your behalf
Step 2: Define a trigger stage for initiating checks
- Navigate to the Candidates page in Lever
- Navigate to the 'Interview' section of the pipeline and select the pipeline stage that you wish to use to trigger background/reference checks in Checkmate
- If you do not have a stage in your pipeline dedicated to background/reference checks, you can add a stage via Settings > Pipeline and archive reasons. For more details, refer to our help article on adding pipeline stages.
- Copy the Stage ID from the URL bar
- Paste the Stage ID into the 'Lever Stage ID' field in Checkmate
Step 3: Enable a stage change webhook
- In Lever, navigate to Settings > Integrations and API > Webhooks
- Scroll to the 'Candidate Stage Change' toggle and ensure that it is in the on position
- Click + Add webhook under the 'Candidate Stage Change' toggle
- Input the Checkmate webhook into the URL field
- Copy the signature token
- Paste the signature token into the 'Lever Webhook Signature Token' field in Checkmate and click the Save button
Disabling the integration
- In Lever, navigate to Settings > Integrations and API > Authorized Apps
- Scroll to the Checkmate app and click Revoke Access
- Navigate to the Webhooks section of the Integrations and API settings page and delete the 'Candidate Stage Change' webhook associated with the Checkmate integration
How the Checkmate integration works
To utilize the Checkmate integration, move a candidate's opportunity to the trigger stage that you configured when setting up the integration.
In the image above, the 'Reference Check' stage triggers the Checkmate integration.
Click the Checkmate link that appears on the candidate's profile.
Select the checks that you wish to run for the candidate.
As the checks are being run, you can monitor their progress in Checkmate.
When the checks are complete, an entry will be added to the candidate's story in Lever.
From Checkmate, you can view and download the results of the checks.