|Available for||Roles||Super Admin, Admin, Team Member, Limited Team Member|
|Permissions||• Manage profiles and view associated postings|
|Packages||Lever Basic, LeverTRM, LeverTRM for Enterprise|
||This article depicts and describes an updated version of the pipeline interface and referral form included in the Summer 2023 Product Release, scheduled to rollout progressively in August 2023. For full details, refer to our Summer 2023 Product Release Notes.|
This article is the fourth in a series designed to help you understand the structure and operation of Lever's unified pipeline. If you missed it, the second article in this series defines the difference between candidates and opportunities in LeverTRM - a key distinction when it comes to navigating your pipeline. This article takes a close look at the Applicant section of the pipeline and how it functions.
Adding opportunities to the Applicant section of the pipeline
The Applicant section of the pipeline is designed to hold opportunities associated with inbound candidates that have either applied directly to a job posting (through Lever or one of the job boards to which it was posted) or been referred by a Lever user.
When a candidate applies to a job posting, an opportunity for that candidate will be automatically added to the 'New Applicant' stage of the Applicant section in the pipeline.
Example of postings on a Lever-hosted job site.
If a member of your organization has submitted a referral for a candidate through Lever, an opportunity for that candidate will automatically be added to the 'New Applicant' stage of the Applicant section in the pipeline.
Candidate referral form
Opportunity for a referred candidate in the 'New Applicant' stage
Check out our help article on referring candidates to learn more about how Lever users from across your organization can submit referrals.
Advancing opportunities through stages in the Applicant section
The stages in the Applicant section of the pipeline are configured when your organization first sets up their Lever instance. Changes can be made to the stages in the Applicant section of your pipeline by a users with the role of Super Admin or permission to manage pipeline stages (to learn more, refer to our help articles on pipeline customization). The number of stages in the Applicant section will be different for every organization, as they will reflect the workflows that your team goes through before moving a candidate to an interview stage.
Moving opportunities through the stages in the Applicant section of the pipeline must be done manually. There are three ways to manually move an opportunity in the Applicant section to a different stage:
#1: From the candidate profile
- Click into an opportunity to open the corresponding candidate profile
- Select a new stage from the drop-down menu
#2: From the opportunity list
This method is best for moving multiple opportunities at once.
- Check the box next to the opportunity (or opportunities) that you wish to move in the opportunity list
- Click the Stage button in the action toolbar
- From the menu, select the stage that to which you wish to move the opportunity (or opportunities)
#3: Using Fast Resume Review
Lever's Fast Resume Review functionality is designed for efficient resume screening of new applicants. Note you can only use Fast Resume Review if you have opportunities in the 'New Applicant' stage.
- Navigate to the Applicant section of the pipeline and make sure the 'New Applicant' stage is selected
- Click the Start Review button in the banner above the opportunity list to bring up the Fast Resume Review interface
- The resume and applications questions will be presented for each individual opportunity in the 'New Applicant' stage in chronological order starting with the oldest.
- Once you have reviewed the candidate's resume and application question, select from the options in the header to either advance the opportunity, archive the opportunity, or skip it
- If advancing the opportunity, you must select a stage to which to move it
- If archiving the opportunity, you must select an archive reason
- If you skip the opportunity, it will remain in the 'New Applicant' stage
||Recruiters can apply an 'Owned by me' filter to the Applicant section of the pipeline before initiating Fast Resume Review to quickly drill down to their candidates before screening.|
Check out our help article on Fast Resume Review to learn more about how this feature can be used to expedite resume screening.
Now that you have an understanding of how the Applicant section works, let's take a look at how to manage candidates across the various interview stages in the Interview section of the pipeline.
If you would like to jump to the other articles in this series, select from the options below: