|Available for||Roles||Super Admin|
|Permissions||• Manage API credentials and manage integrations
• Manage form settings
|Packages||LeverTRM, LeverTRM for Enterprise|
The Cangrade Integration allows you to add a Cangrade assessment to any stage within your pipeline and send it to the candidate from within your Lever candidate dashboard.
There are 2 flows to choose from regarding adding a Cangrade assessment:
- Cangrade assessment is requested when a new applicant or lead enters your pipeline; OR
- Cangrade assessment is requested when a candidate is moved into a selected stage in your pipeline
- You may use a current pipeline stage or add a new stage specific to the Cangrade assessment. If you would like to add a new stage, refer to our help article on adding pipeline stages.
How the Cangrade integration works
- Lever Tags are created for each associated Cangrade assessment (configured via the Cangrade Integration Settings). In Lever, you can add one of these tags to a posting in order to assign a specific Cangrade assessment. The tags on the job level are inherited to the candidate's opportunity record.
- Assessment progress will be tracked on the candidate’s respective opportunity through Lever tags. When the candidate enters the selected trigger stage, Lever will trigger Cangrade to invite the candidate via email to take an assessment. The respective opportunity will be tagged with "Cangrade Requested." When the candidate completes the assessment, Cangrade will update the opportunity, replacing "Cangrade Requested" with "Cangrade Completed" and a new tag representing the result bucket from the assessment: "Cangrade No Fit," "Cangrade Low Fit," or "Cangrade High Fit."
- For more detailed assessment results, you can add a Lever Profile Form to your Cangrade Integration. Upon completion of an assessment, Cangrade will add a form to the respective opportunity with the numeric result score and a link to view a detailed report on Cangrade’s platform. If you would like to customize the details included in this form, please contact your Cangrade representative via: email@example.com
Setting up the Cangrade integration
Step 1: Connecting the integration
- In the Cangrade, log in to your account and in the left side menu navigate to Company Admin > Integrations
- Select Lever from the list of ATS Providers
- Click on the Authenticate Lever button to authenticate the Cangrade Integration via your Lever account. Log in with your Lever account and read and accept the permissions requested by Cangrade.
- You will be redirected back to the Cangrade Integration Settings page with a blank form for configuring your integration details. View Step 2 below for instructions on correctly completing this form.
Step 2: Configuring the integration
- In Lever, navigate to Settings > Integrations and API > Webhooks
- Toggle on the following webhooks:
- Application Created
- Candidate Stage Change
This setting will allow the Cangrade Integration to create a Lever Webhook -- a communication route that will allow Lever to send assessment requests to Cangrade!
- In your Cangrade Integration Settings, under the section 'Lever Configuration,' you can select a Trigger Stage from the first drop down menu. The Stages in this drop down menu are imported from your connected Lever account.
- There are 2 flows to choose from regarding adding a Cangrade assessment to your Lever pipeline:
- (a) Cangrade assessment is requested when a new applicant or lead enters your pipeline
- (b) Cangrade assessment is requested when a candidate is moved into a selected stage in your pipeline
For flow (a), no changes are required within your Lever account. In your Cangrade Integration Settings, select 'Application Created*' from the stage drop down menu.
For flow (b), select a current pipeline stage or create a new stage within Lever. If you wish to add a dedicated Cangrade assessment stage to your pipeline, follow the instructions in our help article on adding pipeline stages. In your Cangrade Integration Settings, select the chosen stage from the stage drop down menu.
Note: If you recently created a new stage, you may have to refresh the Cangrade Integration Settings webpage.
- In Lever, you will need to create a placeholder opportunity that will allow your Cangrade Integration to automatically add tags in your Lever account. In the platform header, click + Add Candidate and select the option to manually add a candidate. In the browser’s URL bar, you will see an ID for the Opportunity formatted as follows:
Copy and paste this ID into your Cangrade Integration Settings under the field 'Placeholder Opportunity ID'. Make sure the ID does not include any slashes or question marks from the URL.
Back in Lever, enter a name for the opportunity such as “Cangrade Placeholder”. You may archive this opportunity if desired, but do not delete it.
- If you would like to enable detailed assessment results via a form on the Lever opportunity, you can do so in your Cangrade Integration Settings. Under the section 'Lever Configuration', select the checkbox to 'Add Cangrade assessment results and link to a Lever Form'. While enabled, a new form field will appear to input a Profile Form Template ID. Follow the instructions below to create and copy this Template ID:
- In Lever, navigate to Settings > Forms
- Click the New Form button
- Title your new form template as you would like it to appear on the opportunities with a relevant title such as “Cangrade Results.”
- The form template will consist of 2 questions as outlined below. Please make sure the name and type matches so the data will populate correctly.
- Name: Cangrade Score Type: TEXT (SINGLE LINE)
- Name: Cangrade URL Type: TEXT (SINGLE LINE)
- Save the form template
- Prior to closing the form, you will need to copy the form template’s ID in a similar fashion to the placeholder opportunity (see above). In the browser’s URL bar, you will see an ID for the form template formatted as follows:
Copy and paste this ID into your Cangrade Integration Settings under the field 'Profile Form Template ID'. Make sure the ID does not include any slashes or question marks from the URL.
- Save the Cangrade Integration Settings form
Step 3: Using the Lever tag manager
In your Cangrade Integration Settings, the 'Lever Tag Manager' section allows you to provision Lever tag names for each assessment you have configured within Cangrade. If you need help configuring a Cangrade Assessment, please contact your Cangrade representative via: firstname.lastname@example.org. You should see all your active Cangrade Assessments as field names under the 'Lever Tag Manager' section.
- Please assign a unique tag name to each Cangrade Assessment. The name you enter here will be created as a tag on the placeholder opportunity created in the instructions above. It will appear as follows:
Configuring these tag names in your Cangrade Integration Settings will create these tags in your Lever instance.
||Once the tag is created, it is immutable and cannot be changed. Please make sure your tag name is correct and unique from all other tags in your Cangrade Integration.|
- Save the Cangrade Integration Settings form. This will add the newly created tags to your Lever instance.
- In Lever, open a job posting for which you would like to include a Cangrade Assessment in its pipeline. On this posting, you will need to add the corresponding tag you created, linking the Cangrade Assessment to the Lever job posting.
Under a Lever job posting, search and add the tagof the associated Cangrade Assessment.
The tag should appear on the Lever job posting
- Repeat as necessary until you have provisioned Cangrade Assessment connected Lever tags to all desired job postings within your Lever account.
Disabling the Cangrade integration
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations and API > Authorized Apps
- Locate the Cangrade app
- Click Revoke Access