|Available for||User roles||Super Admins, Admins, Team Members|
|Packages||Select Lever packages|
Lever's integration with HiPeople allows you to seamlessly link HiPeople to a job's interview plan, enabling you to automatically scale your collection of in-depth candidate references for each opportunity, as well as to conduct self-assessment or verify employment history. In this article, we will cover how to:
- Enable the Lever/HiPeople Integration
- Connect a HiPeople Role to Job's Interview Plan
- Start a reference check for a candidate from Lever
- Review the results of the reference check
Setup the integration:
Note: Access role must be Super Admin in order to set up the integration.
Before you're able to set up a HiPeople role with your Lever account, your HiPeople organization's admin must set up HiPeople with your organization’s Lever account. They're able to do this by going to 'Settings' - 'My Organization' and selecting Lever from the list of suggested ATS.
In the next step, they will be prompted to log in to their Lever account and grant the necessary permissions to HiPeople to enable integration.
Next, go to your Lever account settings section “Integrations and API” - “Webhooks” and set the toggle for “Candidate stage change” to the “on” mode, as described in the screenshot below.
After this step, you are good to go - your Lever and HiPeople accounts are connected.
Note: Make sure the “Reference check” stage is in your Lever account for your organization. If you don't currently have this stage, you can reach out to Lever Support to request it get added.
The next step in using the HiPeople integration is to connect the HiPeople role to the corresponding job posting in Lever:
1. Find the role you wish to integrate (note that you need to create it before this step), go to the ... menu, and click 'Manage ATS automation.'
2. Select the role from your ATS that you would like to integrate with this HiPeople role.
3. Select “Reference check” from the list of your pipeline stages.
4. Review your selected ATS pipeline stage & role, confirm that this is correct by clicking the checkbox, and then hit Confirm.
5. All done! Now you are ready to start reference checks for all the candidates within this role!
Start a reference check for a candidate from Lever
To start the reference check for the candidate, go to the Lever profile of the candidate, and change their status to the "Reference check" stage.
Congratulations - request for the candidate to submit their references is on its way!
You can see the progress of the reference check for this candidate by going to the respective role in HiPeople - the candidate profile is synced and a reference check invite has been sent automatically; no need for extra steps!
Review the results of the reference check
As soon as one of the candidate's referees has provided their feedback, you will receive an email with an invitation to review the reference check results. In addition, you can access the reference check results through an automated PDF report or the link on the right-hand side that will automatically appear in your candidate's Lever profile as soon as the reference check is completed.
In case of any questions, reach out to our world-class support team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to disable the integration:
1. Navigate to your Integrations & API Settings Page in Lever
2. Under the Authorized Apps tab locate the HiPeople app
3. Click Revoke Access to disable the integration