|Available for||Roles||Super Admin, Admin, Team Member, Limited Team Member
Can only be enabled by Super Admins
|Permissions||• (To enable) Manage API credentials and manage integrations
• (To use) Manage profiles and view associated postings
|Packages||LeverTRM, LeverTRM for Enterprise|
KodiakHR’s automated referencing solution helps talent acquisition teams save time, improve the quality of reference feedback, and turn references into a source of high-quality passive talent. Lever’s integration with KodiakHR allows you to run KodiakHR reference checks automatically from inside your Lever account.
Setting up the KodiakHR integration
- To start, log in to the KodiakHR app and navigate to Settings > Integrations
- Next, in the row titled Lever integration, click Connect
- A new window will open asking you to authorize KodiakHR to have access to your Lever account. Click Accept.
- This new window will close and your Kodiak app will refresh. Before closing out of the Kodiak app, you will need to set your preferences for the integration.
- First click the drop-down labeled 'Default survey' and select the reference check template you would like to use.
- Note: You will be able to pick different surveys from inside your Lever app, so here we are just setting the backup in case one of your users doesn’t specify a survey to use when they create a candidate in Lever.
- Next, click the drop-down labeled Lever stage and select the stage that you would like to initiate a reference check in Kodiak. This means that when a candidate is moved to the stage you specify here, KodiakHR will automatically initiate a reference check on that candidate.
- Note: If you do not already have an appropriate stage to set as the Lever trigger stage, reach out to Lever Support and we will be able to help you add it.
Once you have selected a default survey and a Lever stage you can close the KodiakHR app.
Using the KodiakHR integration
Sending a KodiakHR reference check
Now that the integration is enabled, we can begin using it right away. To initiate a KodiakHR reference check on a candidate, there are a few simple steps:
- Create the candidate and ensure you have an email and / or mobile phone number added to their contact information.
- Tip: if you want to send text messages with KodiakHR, make sure the candidate’s phone number is tagged as a “mobile” number in Lever.
- Assign the candidate to the appropriate job
- If you want to use the default reference check template you set up in KodiakHR, you can skip this step and move on to the next step. But if you would like to send a specific KodiakHR reference check template instead of using the default one you set up in KodiakHR, click Add tag.
- Then type “KodiakHR - [survey title]” (example for the “Balanced” survey below).
- Press the 'Enter' key and your tag should be applied to the candidate.
- Update the candidate’s stage to the one you set up KodiakHR, and you are done! KodiakHR will now initiate a reference check on your candidate.
Review a KodiakHR reference check
Once the reference check has been initiated, you will see a tag on the candidate’s profile showing the current status of the reference check.
When the reference check has been completed, the tag will be updated and you will see a new file attached to the candidate’s profile. Simply click on the attachment and the candidate’s reference check report will be opened.
If you need help, use the 'Help' bubble in the bottom right of your screen inside the KodiakHR app, or email email@example.com.
Disabling the KodiakHR integration
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations and API > Authorized Apps
- Locate the KodiakHR app
- Click Revoke Access