Cookies are small blocks of data created and placed on a user's device by a web server while they are browsing a website (i.e. a domain). Lever can use up to five types of cookies to collect and use data as part of our services:
- Necessary cookies are essential for a site to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, all with capturing any personally identifiable information.
- Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with a website. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, and traffic source.
- Performance cookies are used to analyze the performance indexes of the website, which helps in delivering a better user experience for visitors.
- 1st party cookies are placed by the site you are visiting.
- 3rd party cookies are set by other websites (e.g. LinkedIn) to track user behaviour on the current site (e.g. Lever-hosted job posting pages).
Below you will find a breakdown of some of the cookies placed by Lever on Lever-hosted job postings pages and other related domains:
|jobs.lever.co||lever-referrer||1st party||2 years||Sets inbound HTTP referrer header (Referrer) into the cookie.|
|jobs.lever.co||lever-origin-<companyname>||1st party||2 years||Populates opportunity 'Origin' field|
|jobs.lever.co||lever-source-<companyname>||1st party||2 years||Populates opportunity 'Source' field|
|www.linkedin.com||JSESSIONID||3rd party||Session||Used for sign-in with LinkedIn and LinkedIn Follow features|
|linked.com||bcookie||3rd party||1 year||LinkedIn browser ID cookie|
|www.linkedin.com||bscookie||3rd party||1 year||LinkedIn secure browser ID cookie|
|linkedin.com||lang||3rd party||Session||Sets default language and locale for LinkedIn|
|linkedin.com||lidc||3rd party||2 years||LinkedIn routing cookie|
In addition to the cookies listed above, the following cookies will be placed by Lever on your Lever-hosted job postings page if you enable Google Analytics tracking in your Lever environment. To learn how to enable Google Analytics tracking, refer to our job site configuration help article.
|jobs.lever.co||_ga*||Analytics||2 years||Google Analytics
Used to identify unique users in order to calculate visitor, session, and campaign data, as well as to keep track of site usage for the site's analytics report. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors.
|jobs.lever.co||_gid*||Analytics||2 years||Google Analytics
Used to remember what user has done on previous pages as well as their previous interactions with the website.
|jobs.lever.co||_gat_customer||Performance||2 years||Google Analytics Throttling|
|jobs.lever.co||cookieconsent_status||Necessary||1 year||This cookie can only be deployed if you have enabled your job site's cookie banner. The cookie is placed on a user's device when they click the banner to either accept/deny cookies (or dismiss the banner if it is informational). The cookie remembers their preference, so the user is not prompted with the banner when visiting your job site in the future.|
||Since the number and names of cookies may change, these tables may be updated from time to time to provide you with the latest information. The expiration dates for the cookies listed above generally apply on a rolling basis.|