|Available for||Roles||Super Admin, Admin, Team Member, Limited Team Member
Can only be enabled by Super Admins
|Permissions||• (To enable) Manage API credentials and manage integrations
• (To use) Manage profiles and view associated postings
• (To use) Create and edit postings
|Packages||LeverTRM, LeverTRM for Enterprise|
Setting up the Lever and Refapp integration will allow you to perform effortless reference checks directly from within Lever.
Setting up the Refapp integration
- Ensure you are logged in to Refapp as a Refapp Administrator
- Navigate to Company Settings
- Open the 'Integrations' tab and locate the Lever logo; click Connect with Lever to be redirected to Lever
- After logging in, you are presented with an authorization confirmation question; click Accept to continue and allow Refapp to read and write data in your Lever account
- You will be redirected back to Refapp; click Connect to finalize the connection and go back to the Company Settings page
- Select the Lever pipeline stage that should trigger a reference check in Refapp; click Configure below the Lever logo, select the stage from the dropdown and click OK followed by Save in the bottom of the Company Settings page
- Now you are all set and anyone in your team can run Refapp reference checks from within Lever
Configuring the Refapp integration
The integration is now enabled. Click Manage to view and edit the settings.
Select the Lever pipeline stage and default test. We recommend using a stage specific to assessments it should be in line with when in the process you'd like to administer the quiz. To learn how to customize your Lever pipeline, refer to our help article on adding pipeline stages.
Using the Refapp integration
Any time a candidate reaches the Lever stage that was configured in the setup, the candidate is added to Refapp in a project that corresponds to the Lever job posting that the candidate is considered for. To get the most value out of the integration, you need to work with Refapp project templates and select the appropriate template for the position via Lever tags.
How the Refapp integration works
Set up Refapp project templates
Start by adding project templates corresponding to your typical hiring types. This includes which questions to ask, automation options etc.
Whenever you have modified the list of templates (added, removed or renamed), you need to synchronize with Lever by navigating to Company Settings > Integrations > Lever Configure and clicking Update. This step ensures that the tags shown in Lever for settings correspond to your current project template list.
Select the setting (project template) via Lever tags
In the settings when you set up or edit a job posting in Lever, type an R in the Tags field and select from the tags starting with “Refapp Template”
Now, when a candidate reaches the 'Reference Check' stage (or whichever stage you configured to start the reference checking), the candidate is created in Refapp and both a note and a tag is added to the candidate in Lever to display the progress:
As the reference check proceeds and is finally completed, the note and tag (“Refapp Status: XXX”) for the candidate in Lever will update accordingly and you can easily jump into Refapp to view the report and/or the Refapp candidate page via links in the note:
The language for candidates in Refapp will always be set to your account default language since there is no setting for language on the candidate level in Lever, so ensure your project templates always include a questionnaire for the default language. If you need to change the language, you can edit the candidate language in Refapp at any time.
Disabling the Refapp integration
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations and API > Authorized Apps
- Locate the Refapp app
- Click Revoke Access