|Available for||User roles||Super Admin, Admin, Team Member, Limited Team Member
Can only be configured by Super Admins
The Backgrounds Online integration will allow for you to initiate background checks from within Lever using your Backgrounds Online checks.
Setup the integration:
Note: Access role must be Super Admin in order to set up the integration.
1. Contact your Backgrounds Online Account Manager to request Lever integration be enabled.
2. Login to your Backgrounds Online account at clients.backgroundsonline.com
3.From the Dashboard navigate to the Integrations page via the menu in the top right
4. If prompted, login to your Lever account then click “Accept” to establish the authorize app connection between your Backgrounds Online account and your Lever account.
5. Once authorization is approved, you’ll return to your Backgrounds Online account where the connection is confirmed
How to configure the integration:
If you wish to do so, you may select a default background check package from the dropdown menu. This selection can be overwritten with an alternate package through your Lever account.
How to use the integration:
Background Check Initiation Tags
Simply add a tag to a candidate's opportunity called "Backgrounds Online Start" and a new background check will be initiated using the default package. Tags will be applied to the profile denoting the progression of the check. The Backgrounds Online integration does not require moving a candidate to a new stage to trigger the integration, simply adding the tag to the profile.
**Do note that email address will be a required field in order for the integration to trigger correctly.
Overriding the Default Package
If you’d like to initiate a new background check package using a package other than the default you’ve set, add Tag: Backgrounds Online Start with an additional tag that reads "Package: DesiredPackagename". For example, if your override package is titled “Basic” your secondary tag should read “Package: Basic”. Once the request has been sent, the panel will update with Tag: Backgrounds Online Pending Submission
Background Check Status/Results Tags
Once background check results are complete, the candidate’s overview panel will update with one of the following tags and accompanying notes.
- Tag: Backgrounds Online In-Process Once you candidate has finished their background check submission and we’ve begun working on their screening, the panel will update with Tag: Backgrounds Online In-Process
- Tag: Backgrounds Online Clear If the background check is complete with no potential adverse information found, the panel will reflect Tag: Backgrounds Online Clear with a note stating “The background check request is complete and has no potential adverse information.”
- Tag: Backgrounds Online Review If the background check is complete with potential adverse information found, the overview panel will reflect Tag: Backgrounds Online Review with a note stating “The background check request is complete and has potential adverse information.”
- Tag: Backgrounds Online Cancel If you wish to cancel a background check request, you may add Tag: Backgrounds Online Cancel to do so. Of note, cancellation is only available if the panel currently reflects Tag: Backgrounds Online Pending Submission. If your request has been successfully cancelled, the panel will update with Tag: Backgrounds Online Cancelled with a note stating “The background check request has been cancelled.”
- Tag: Backgrounds Online Expired Background check requests sent via your Lever integration are valid for 14 days. Once the request has surpassed 14 days without candidate submission, the panel will update with Tag: Backgrounds Online Expired with a note stating “The background check request has expired.”
How to disable the integration:
1. Navigate to your Integrations & API Settings Page in Lever
2. Under the Authorized Apps tab locate the Backgrounds Online app
3. Click Revoke Access to disable the integration