|Available for||Roles||Super Admin, Admin, Team Member, Limited Team Member
Can only be configured by Super Admins
|Permissions||• Manage API credentials and manage integrations|
|Packages||Lever Basic, LeverTRM, LeverTRM for Enterprise|
The HackerEarth Assessment integration allows you to screen candidates efficiently and streamline the technical recruitment workflow. You can perform the following tasks in Lever when using the integration:
- Post job requirements on the platform
- Set up multiple tests on HackerEarth Assessments
- Invite candidates to tests
- Generate detailed candidate reports and share the reports with your team members
Enabling the HackerEarth integration
||You must have admin credentials for your organization's HackerEarth Assessment account in order to enable this integration.|
- Log in to your HackerEarth Assessment account using your admin credentials
- Click Settings on the bottom-left side of your screen
- Click Integrations
- In the 'Lever' section, click Connect with Lever; you will be redirected to the Lever login page
- Log in with your email provider (GSuite or Office 365) or enter your registered email ID, password, and click Next
- Click Accept to allow HackerEarth to access data from your Lever account
- You can see that the required credentials are generated on the 'Integration' page of HackerEarth Assessment
- In Lever, navigate to Settings > Integrations and API > Webhooks, click + Add webhook under the 'Candidate Stage Change' toggle and copy the signature token
- Return to HackerEarth Assessment and paste the signature token into the corresponding field
- Select Send Notification at Lever if you want to receive notifications in your Lever account
- Select the stage in your Lever pipeline where you want to send the invites; this is known as the trigger stage
- Click Submit and copy the callback URL that is generated
- In Lever, navigate back to the Settings > Integrations and API > Webhooks page and paste the callback URL into the URL field on the stage change webhook tile from which you first copied the signature token
- Click Verify Connection and ensure that the webhook toggle is in the 'on' (green) position
Using the HackerEarth integration
You can send invites from your Lever candidate dashboard by following these steps:
- In Lever, navigate to the Candidates section via the platform header and open a candidate's opportunity profile
- Fill in any appropriate details, ensuring they have an email address, and add a tag to the candidate's opportunity that corresponds to the test ID that you'd like to send to the candidate. This ID can be obtained from within HackerEarth and the Lever tag syntax should be "HackerEarth-idnumbers"
- To make tag application more efficient, consider applying tags to postings that then get attached to the opportunity profiles of all candidates that apply to that posting. To learn more, refer to our help article on tag management.
- Move the candidate to the configured trigger stage. If the test is sent successfully, you will be able to see a tag HE Test Sent on the candidate's opportunity profile.
- You will be able to see the status of the sent invite in the notes section. You can also see the link of the test report attached in the notes section of the profile.
||The HE Action Error tag appears on a candidate's opportunity profile when have already been invited or participated in the test.|
HackerEarth allows you to send ad hoc tests based on performance and profile to assess a particular candidate. If you want to send another test invite to the candidate:
- Click on the assessment link which will appear in the links section of their profile. You will be redirected to the Test invite dashboard.
- Fill in all the necessary details and send the invite. Your candidate has been invited to the test which you have selected.
- Once you have invited the candidate through the link, the link gets removed from the Lever dashboard.
Disabling the HackerEarth integration
- In Lever, navigate to Settings > Integrations and API > Authorized Apps
- Locate the HackerEarth app
- Click Revoke Access to disable the integration