|Available for||Roles||Super Admin, Admin, Team Member, Limited Team Member
Can only be enabled by Super Admins
|Permissions||• (To enable) Manage API credentials and manage integrations
• (To enable) Manage requisition settings
• (To use) Manage profiles and view associated postings
|Packages||LeverTRM, LeverTRM for Enterprise|
The integration between EBI and Lever allows a recruiter to launch background screening for candidates directly from Lever. This integration currently supports a one step process.
Using the EBI integration with Lever
The following is an overview of the steps involved with the integration.
- Recruiter selects a candidate in Lever.
- Recruiter moves the candidate to the background stage to trigger the background check request to EBI.
- A webhook is triggered and required candidate information is extracted by EBI.
- Status updates and order results are returned from EBI to Lever in the form of tags on the candidate profile.
Notes about this integration:
- Orders are matched to the user by the recruiter email being passed.
- Background check packages are maintained within Lever via a custom field on the requisition.
Enabling the integration between EBI and Lever
The Lever setup process is as follows. The configuration on the Lever side requires the creation of two special keys used to make API calls. One key is to allow EBI to make API calls to extract candidate and requisition data and the second is to authenticate the webhook.
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations and API
- In the 'Partner Integrations' tab, locate EBI in the list, click on the integration toggle to expand the card, and click the Generate new key button
- Copy the API key and keep it somewhere safe. This is the one and only time that this API key will be accessible. If you lose the key, you can disable the integration toggle, and repeat these steps again.
- Generate webhook signing token, copy and save in a safe space
- Click on the + Add Webhooks option under candidate stage change then enter the EBI URL provided by your EBI integrations contact; be sure toggle on to activate
- Record the signature token and provide it to your EBI contact
- Create a custom field on the requisition to pass the package; navigate back to Settings
- Navigate to Settings > Requisitions and add the custom field titled "Background Package" of the dropdown field type as shown below; be sure to make it required
- Populate the picklist for this custom field with your packages from EBI and then click Save