|Available for||User Roles||Super Admins|
|Packages||Available on select Lever packages|
Certn provides instant background checks for employers. This integration sends candidates to Certn and adds tags and pdf reports to Lever.
Table of Contents
- Enabling the integration between Certn and Lever
- Using the Certn integration with Lever
- Overriding the default package
Enabling the integration between Certn and Lever
||The following steps can only be completed by those with Super Admin level access in Lever.|
Generate API Key in Lever
- Navigate to the Integrations and API section in Lever Settings
Locate "Certn" in the Background and reference checks section, click on the integration toggle to expand the card, and click the Generate new key button.
Copy the API key and keep it somewhere safe. This is the one and only time that this specific API key will be accessible. If you lose the key, you can disable the integration toggle, and repeat steps 1 and 2 to generate a new one.
Generate a Webhook signing token in Lever
- Staying on the Integrations and API section, click the "Webhooks" tab at top of the page. In the Webhook configuration list, scroll to the "Candidate Stage Change" toggle, click the + Add webhook button beneath it and copy the signature token in the card that appears.
Configure the integration in Certn
- In Certn, navigate to Settings, click Team Settings and select the team that you want to set the integration up for.
- Navigate to the Integrations section and expand the "Lever Integration" tab.
- In the provided form enter the API Key and Webhook Signature token that you copied from Lever, and input the name of the Candidate stage (in Lever) that you want to serve as a trigger.
- Create at least one Package to use with your Lever Integration by clicking the Create New Package button. Enter a name and choose at least one service to add to your package.
- Once you have created a package, you must set it as the default by clicking the ellipses in theAction column and selecting theMake Defaultoption.
- Click the Enable Integration button and copy the API webhook URL that is generated.
Complete the configuration in Lever
- Navigate back to the "Webhooks" tab in the Integrations and API section of your Lever Settings.
- Paste the API Webhook URL that you copied from Certn into the URL field beneath the "Candidate Stage Change" toggle in the Webhook configuration list.
- Flip the "Candidate Stage Change" toggle into the on position.
Using the Certn integration with Lever
Once the integration with Certn has been set up, all that is required to start a check with Certn is to advance a candidate to the trigger stage specified at set up. Once that is done, Certn will add the tag “CERTN - Pending” to the candidate. As results are returned a link to the .pdf report will be added to the candidate and the tag will be updated to reflect the status of the check.
|Certn Status||Lever Tag||Description|
|Pending||CERTN - Pending||Check has been sent to applicants and is awaiting their response.|
|Analyzing||CERTN - Analyzing||Applicant has completed the form and Certn is working on completing the check.|
|Partial||CERTN - Partial||Some results are available for viewing and some are still in progress.|
|Complete||CERTN - Complete||All checks requested have been returned and results are viewable on report link.|
|Error||CERTN - Error (No Email)||There is no email attached to the candidate. Add one and then move them into the trigger stage again.|
All candidates will be viewable on Certn. The default package can be updated or changed to another package by visiting the Lever integration section in a team’s settings on Certn.
Overriding the default package
The default package can be overridden by including the name of another package from the Lever integration package list on Certn as a tag on a candidate. For example, when setting up a default package on Certn, you are able to create additional packages. The names of these other packages can be used as tags on a candidate to trigger one of them instead of the default package.
||Add posting-specific tags to candidate profiles by adding a tag to the posting. If you add a tag to your posting, all candidates that apply to the posting will receive that tag. To learn more about configuring tags, refer to the following article: What are tags and how do I add them?|