You're done with configuration and your career site is live! Now you want to bring over your historical data and you're probably wondering what are next steps. Migrating candidate data into Lever doesn’t have to be tricky. We’ve built a template to help simplify this process. Once your jobs are created, you can download our preformatted template, fill it out, then send it to Lever for upload. When filling out the template, here are a few columns to highlight:
- Full-Name: Candidate’s full name (Required).
- Email: Candidate’s email address.
- Date-Added: The date the candidate was created in the system. If left blank, it will default to the date of upload (Required).
- Stage: The active Lever stage the candidate belongs in (Required).
- Archive-Reason: If the candidate was dispositioned or hired, the archive reason the candidate belongs in. This can be left blank if the candidate is still active.
- Archive-Date: The date the candidate was dispositioned or hired. This can be left blank if the candidate is still active. If an archive reason is present, but the archive date is left blank, the archive date will default to the date of upload.
- Sources: The source the candidate was brought in from.
- Origin: This is a fixed list - Applied, Sourced, Referred, University, Internal, Agency (Required).
- Tags: You can separate multiple tags by comma (no spaces).
- Phone: You can separate multiple phone numbers by comma (no spaces).
- Links: You can separate multiple links by comma (no spaces).
- Referrer: If referred, you can place the referrer name here.
- Resume-Filename: The matching resume filename if applicable.
- Lever-Posting-URL: You can grab the external link to the job and place it here. If left blank, the candidate will be associated with a general opportunity.
- Owner: If no owner is set, it will default to the owner of the job posting.
- Note-0: If you have notes/feedback on the candidate, you can add the note here. You can also specify the creator, date, and privacy of the note in the respective column.
Frequently Asked Questions
Once I fill out the CSV, what’s next?
Once you have filled out the CSV, you can send it to Lever’s support team for upload. If you have resumes, please include them in a ZIP folder on the same request. It will typically take our support team 3-4 business days to complete the upload. Please make sure to audit your data prior to sending to Lever to ensure a smooth transition.
What else should I know to ensure proper migration of our data?
- Each row will create a new candidate opportunity in Lever.
- Preserve all column headings.
- Ensure correct spelling. For example:
- “New Lead” for Stage, not “Lead”
- “JohnSmith_Resume.pdf” not “John Smith resume”
- Lever will catch duplicate profiles. If the candidate has multiple applications, please make sure the email addresses are the same to ensure a proper merge.
What if I only want to upload the resumes?
You can send our support team a ZIP folder of all the resumes and we can upload the resumes en masse. Each resume will create a candidate profile and will be associated with a general opportunity. All candidates will be uploaded into the “New Applicant” stage unless another status is specified.
What’s the difference between an origin and a source?
We know from our customers that many users organize their sources into higher-level categories. We call these broader categories origins (applied, sourced, referred, internal, agency, university). Origins allow you to group your sources together and build reports on these sources in bulk.