|Available for||User roles||All users with data warehouse access.|
|Packages||Select Lever packages|
In order to connect to your reporting data, you will need to connect to AWS Athena. This can be achieved in one of several ways:
- Using your business intelligence tool. Your BI tool should have supporting documentation on how to connect.
- Using an Amazon-provided driver like Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) or Java Database Connectivity (JDBC).
- Using a third-party tool, such as DBeaver.
This guide walks through how to connect to AWS Athena on a Mac using DBeaver. If you are interested in learning more about Data Warehouse Sync, check out the overview page.
Connecting to Athena using DBeaver
- Download, install, and open the most recent version of DBeaver here.
- Click on the "New Database Connection" button in the top-left corner. Select Athena from the available options and click "Next".
- Add the following details:
- Region: This is the AWS region that you are connecting to. Currently, the only available region for DWS is "us-west-2". Refer to the connection sheet you were provided to determine your region.
- S3 Location: Copy and paste the following location exactly.
- AWS Access Key: Use the AWS Access Key provided to you in your connection sheet.
- AWS Secret Key: Use the AWS Secret Key provided to you in your connection sheet.
- Select "Edit Driver Settings" and update the library (if necessary) by selecting the library and clicking "Download/Update".
- Select "Connection Properties". Right click in the white area under "Connection Properties". Add the following properties and values. Your workgroup can be found on the provided connection sheet:
Property Value UseResultsetStreaming 0 Workgroup [enter your workgroup]
- Click "OK" and "Finish" to test the connection. If the connection fails, save the error message and send it to Lever Support for further diagnosis.
- Congratulations! You've successfully connected to Lever's Data Warehouse Sync via AWS Athena.
If you are having troubles connecting, check out this article on Common Connection Issues for Data Warehouse Sync.