|• Manage Data Warehouse Sync integration
|Advanced Analytics add-on
In order to connect to your reporting data, you will need to connect to AWS Athena. This can be achieved in one of several ways:
- Using your business intelligence tool. Your BI tool should have supporting documentation on how to connect.
- Using an Amazon-provided driver like Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) or Java Database Connectivity (JDBC).
- Using a third-party tool, such as DBeaver.
This guide walks through how to connect to AWS Athena on a Mac using DBeaver. If you are interested in learning more, check out our Data Warehouse Sync help article.
Connecting to Athena using DBeaver
- Download, install, and open the most recent version of DBeaver here: https://dbeaver.io/
- Click New Database Connection and select 'Athena' from the available options, click Next
- Add the following details:
- Region: This is the AWS region that you are connecting to. Currently, the only available region for DWS is "us-west-2". Refer to the connection sheet you were provided to determine your region.
- S3 Location: Copy and paste the following location exactly.
- AWS Access Key: Use the AWS Access Key provided to you in your connection sheet.
- AWS Secret Key: Use the AWS Secret Key provided to you in your connection sheet.
- Select Edit Driver Settings and update the library (if necessary) by selecting the library and clicking Download/Update
- Select Connection Properties; right click in the field under 'Connection Properties'; add the following properties and values - your workgroup can be found on the provided connection sheet:
|[enter your workgroup]
- Click OK and Finish to test the connection. If the connection fails, save the error message and send it to Lever Support for further diagnosis.
If you are having troubles connecting, check out our article on common connector issues for Data Warehouse Sync.