|Available for||User roles||All users with data warehouse access.|
|Packages||Select Lever packages|
In order to copy data using Data Warehouse Sync (DWS), you will need to establish a connection to your data via AWS Athena. You can connect to AWS Athena via DBeaver or ODBC. This guide provides general steps to copy your data as well as a walkthrough using PowerBI.
Once you have established a connection between DWS and your business intelligence tool (or other data storage unit), you're ready to start copying your data. The specifics of this process will vary depending on your tool or data storage unit, but will generally follow these steps:
- Configure your BI tool (or data storage unit) to use the ODBC connection and DSN you set up.
- Select which tables you want to copy.
- Execute the copy and store your data.
- Set up a recurring task to copy data on a regular cadence (optional).
Note that data provided via DWS is refreshed once every 24 hours.
Copying data with PowerBI
- Ensure that your download will not get throttled by Athena.
- Open PowerBI and navigate to "File" -> "Options and settings" -> "Options". Click on "Data Load" under the "Current File" section.
- Uncheck the option to "Enable parallel loading of tables" and click "OK".
- Click on "Get Data" in the "Home" menu.
- Select the ODBC connector.
- Select the DSN that you set up earlier.
- Select "Default or Custom" and click "Connect". You may leave the "Credential connection string properties" field blank. You do not need to enter your credentials again.
- When the information loads, expand the file hierarchy until you expand the list of tables. Select the tables you are interested in downloading by ticking the boxes next to the name of the table and click "Load".
- Congratulations! You've executed your first download using Data Warehouse Sync. You can now manipulate the tables and edit table relationships to suit your specific reporting needs. You can now build custom views and integrate your Lever data with other data sources!