|Available for||User roles||All users. Can only be configured by Super Admins|
|Packages||Select Lever packages|
Lever's integration with Zoom makes it easy for your team add Zoom links when scheduling video interviews for remote employees, without ever leaving their Lever workflow. Less time spent scheduling means your team has more time to find and hire the best candidates.
Enable this integration in Lever
- Navigate to your account’s integration settings page.
- Click the toggle next to Zoom's logo
- Authenticate this integration with Zoom:
- If you are also a Zoom admin: With the accordion menu expanded, click the blue "Use Single Sign On" button. You’ll be able to see exactly which actions the integration with Zoom will authorize. NOTE: This option requires that you authenticate the Zoom integration using the same email address that you use to log in to Lever.
- If you are NOT a Zoom admin, or use a different email address to log into Zoom: With the accordion menu expanded, click the gray "Share link" button. This link will copy to your clip board, and you can now share it with a Zoom admin at your organization. Have the Zoom admin navigate to this link, and complete the authentication steps.
After successfully completing the authentication process, the integration toggle will change from orange to green. If you are on multi-instance, you will not be able to use the same Zoom admin user to enable multiple Zoom integrations.
Configure desired Zoom host logic:
- Navigate to your account’s integration settings page.
- Click the Zoom logo once authentication is completed and the integration is active
- With the accordion menu expanded, you have the option to choose between two hosting options:
- First interviewer [default]: Lever will designate the first interviewer with a valid Zoom account as the Zoom host for the interview.
- Choose specific hosts...: With this option, Lever will allocate meetings round robin with the Zoom accounts that have been entered and verified in the integration settings. To set this up, select the "Provide specific hosts..." radio button, enter the email address associated with the Zoom host account user, and click "Verify". Click "+ Add account" and repeat for any additional users in your Zoom account that you wish to include in the round robin. Note: You should enter and verify the email address associated with their Zoom user. This email does NOT also have to be associated with a Lever user.
Adding a Zoom link to an interview
To schedule an interview with Zoom, begin by opening a scheduling draft. After adding interviewer to your event, click the “Location” input to open a dropdown of your conference rooms, or add a Zoom link.
From the menu, select “Add Zoom link”. A unique meeting link will be generated and added to the event. When generating a link, Lever will attempt to create a link that belongs to the user determined by the hosting logic you've configured in Zoom integration settings. In the below example, we have the "First Interviewer" option selected. Therefore, April needs a Zoom account in order for the integration to successfully create a Zoom link for the 9:00 am meeting. In order to generate a link for the 10:00 am meeting, Brynna needs a Zoom account. If you would like to use the same Zoom for all interview events then you would have to generate one and then copy and paste it. For example, you would generate one for April and then you could copy and paste the same link for Calvin.
After adding a Zoom link, you still have the ability to add a physical room to the event. Simply select a room from the same "Location" drop-down. This will book a physical room, and add a Zoom link to the event once you've completed scheduling.
After you've selected the interviewers and feedback forms - and added Zoom links to your interviews - click the blue "Schedule" button to proceed to the next step of the scheduling process. You'll see that any interview events you've chosen to add a Zoom link to will have the link appended to the schedule included in your interviewer's calendar events.
If you'd like to proceed with scheduling the interview, click the blue "Preview" button to review the invites you are about to send. When you'd like to send out the invitations, click "Send all." This will send calendar invitations to your interviewers, and an event to the candidate if you've selected to do so. If you have enabled Zoom links in calendar invites, the calendar event delivered to the candidate will automatically include a zoom link that will enable remote interviews between the candidate and interviewer.
The Zoom links that you've added will be accessible by your interviewers from directly within the calendar event. Here's what it looks like in GSuite and O365:
Enabling Zoom links in candidate calendar invites
In order to enable Zoom links in the candidates calendar invites, start by navigating to the settings page. Select the "Integrations" section in the sidebar, and click "edit" on the Zoom integration. Once in the Zoom integration settings, flip the toggle to the 'on' position for "Include Zoom Links". All candidate calendar invites will now automatically populate with Zoom links.
Enabling password protection on your Zoom links
There are several Zoom settings at the account, group, and individual level that determine whether or not a passcode is included on your Zoom link. To enable this for use with Lever, you can enable the following setting in your Zoom account settings. Please ensure that the setting is locked to enable it across all users.
Disabling Waiting Rooms
Waiting Rooms will only work if the host of the Zoom link is also participating in the interview and ‘Join Before Host’ will not work for that meeting. To enable this feature for use with Lever, you can enable the Waiting Room setting in your Zoom account settings.
From a Zoom update on September 27, 2020, if neither Waiting Rooms nor Passcodes were enabled in your settings, Zoom has enabled a Waiting Room for all meetings.
- Lever's integration with Zoom supports users on any Zoom plan, including Basic users. However, Zoom's limitations on Basic users still apply. Basic users may only host meetings for up to 40 minutes if there are 3 or more people in the meeting.
- When scheduling a Zoom interview on O365, Zoom links will not be direct links if a room is also listed. This is due to a limitation with how O365 displays locations and conferencing links.To join the Zoom meeting, copy and paste the URL into your browser.
- You will not be able to use the "Pre-approve" feature in the Zoom Marketplace to enable the integration. The "pre-approve" feature only works for user-based apps. Lever's integration with Zoom is an account-based application and requires authentication via the flow outlined towards the beginning of this article.