|Available for||Roles||Super Admin, Admin, Team Member, Limited Team Member
Can only be enabled by Super Admins
|Permissions||• (To enable) Manage API credentials and manage integrations
• (To use) Manage profiles and view associated postings
|Packages||LeverTRM, LeverTRM for Enterprise|
As an official Namely partner, Lever makes it easy to automatically push hired candidate information from Lever into Namely, streamlining the recruiting to HR process and hence, saving time and improving data entry quality. Hired candidate data from Lever can be configured to push into Namely Onboarding or HRIS.
||This help article covers how to enable and operate the Namely integration. For information on data is mapped between Lever and Namely, refer to our Namely field mapping article.|
||To enable this integration, you will need to be an Administrator of your Namely account. If the Namely personal access token is generated by a user other than an Administrator, you may not see all candidate details from Lever pre-populated in your Namely instance.|
Enabling the Namely integration
- In Lever, navigate to Settings > Integrations and API
- On the Parter Integrations page, locate the Namely integration toggle under the 'HRIS and onboarding' heading
- Click to expand the integration tile and read through the accompanying integration details
- Click the Send request to enable button to notify Lever Technical Support of your request
A Lever Support representative will reach out to you requesting the following required information:
- Namely Personal Access Token - This key can be generated from your Namely dashboard (Details below)
- Desired Namely Record Type - You have the opportunity to choose whether to create a new Namely HRIS record, or create a new Namely Onboarding record when candidates are hired in Lever.
Configuring the Namely integration
Creating a personal access token
||We recommend that you create a non-user account in your Namely instance with full Admin access to create the API key (such as email@example.com). This will assure that the integration continues to operate successfully in the event that your admin users depart or have access role changes. This can be configured within the Namely's Personal Access Tokens menu.|
To generate a personal access token:
- Login to Namely as the user account that you wish to use for the key creation
- Click on your profile image in the top right corner of the window and select 'API'
- Select the 'Personal Access Tokens' tab in the API menu
- In the 'Name' text field, type "Lever Integration" and select the Create button
- Once complete, Namely will generate a personal access token which you should copy and store in a document you can easily access. You will provide this token to Lever as part of your configuration.
Creating a new Namely record from Lever
Once the integration has been configured, you can begin sending new hire candidate data from Lever to Namely. The integration will create either an Onboarding record or a new HRIS record in Namely, depending on which you have selected for your integration.
Before hiring the candidate, make sure that all desired fields are filled out on the candidate, requisition, offer and 'Namely Form' profile form. The more fields present and populated in Lever, the more fields that will be pre-populated in Namely.
Hiring a candidate
Once the candidate details have been filled out, you may then archive the candidate as 'Hired' in Lever.
If you have elected to configure the Namely integration for Onboarding, a draft onboarding session will automatically be created in Namely within a few minutes. At a minimum, First Name, Last Name and Email are required to create a record in Namely.
Notice that many profile fields and salary information are pre-populated in Namely. For more information, please refer to our Namely field mapping article.
From here your team may click on the candidate to continue finalizing the candidate details. Once complete, click the Kick Off button to finish.
If you have elected to configure the Namely integration for HRIS, the candidate will be created as a new employee directly in Namely HRIS.
Once the record has been successfully created in Namely, a new story will appear on the candidate profile page in Lever with the Namely ID.