|Super Admin, Admin, Team Member, Limited Team Member
|• Manage profiles and view associated postings
|Lever Basic, LeverTRM, LeverTRM for Enterprise
If you decide not to proceed any further with a candidate, you can archive the opportunity they were being considered for. You may need to archive many opportunities, for example if you've recently filled or closed a job posting. In these cases, you can do so by archiving the opportunities in bulk.
- In Lever, navigate to Opportunities.
- Select multiple opportunities by checking the boxes next to their names.
- Choose “Archive” from the bulk action bar.
Only the opportunities you select will be archived. If the candidates whose opportunities you select have other active opportunities not included in the bulk archive, they will remain in your active pipeline so that you can continue to evaluate the candidate for their other applications.
- From the "Choose job" dropdown menu, select which job you would like to archive from the selected opportunities. If you've selected any general opportunities, the drop down menu will also have an option called "General opportunity.”
- If you would like to archive all of the selected opportunities, select “Archive everything”.
After selecting a role to archive, select an archive reason.
You can also configure how these changes are communicated to associated tasks in your Lever environment.
- Check Remove upcoming interviews? to cancel scheduled interviews associated with the opportunities you are archiving. Selecting this option means that the associated calendar events will be canceled and those participating in the interview will be notified by your calendar provider. If you've chosen to send the candidate a calendar event, they will be notified as well.
- Check Dismiss pending feedback requests to stop email reminders for feedback associated with the opportunity you are archiving.
- Check Send email to candidates? to notify all of the affected candidates via email. The next step will take you to the email editor.
If you've elected to send an email, the next steps of the process will consist of drafting and previewing your email.
- Check the Send only one email for each unique candidate box to send only one email update to a candidate who has multiple opportunities in your archiving selection. If you do not select this, candidates will receive an email for each of their opportunities you are archiving.
- Check the Don't email candidate with other active opportunities box to not send an email to candidates who have additional active opportunities outside your selection.
You can create a message or use a template. Using Lever's auto-text tokens will allow you to send the same email to all candidates and populate the fields with their specific details. Learn more in our help center article on using auto-text tokens in emails.
We recommend using the left sidebar to filter the Opportunities list by the specific posting and archiving the related applications from the bulk actions menu. Then you can safely close the posting.
Updating archive reasons or unarchiving in bulk
It is also possible to change opportunity archive reasons or unarchive opportunities via the bulk action menu. Navigate to your archive, and select the opportunities that you would like to update. To move the opportunities to another archive reason, select the Archive button.
To unarchive many opportunities, click on the caret (v) button in the bulk action menu, and select 'Unarchive opportunities' from the dropdown menu. This will unarchive the opportunities and move them back into your active pipeline.
Snooze candidates, just for a while
When there is a group of candidates who you'd like to remember to reach out to at a later date, take advantage of Lever's snooze feature. Select multiple opportunities and choose the "snooze" option from the bulk actions menu. Learn more in our help article on snoozing opportunities.