|Available for||User Roles||Super Admins, Admins, Team Members, Limited Team Members|
|Packages||Select Lever packages|
Please note: The Lever - Paylocity Onboarding integration requires set-up by both the Paylocity and Lever teams. If you’re interested in using this integration, please reach out to your Paylocity support representative in addition to reaching out to Lever.
As an official Paylocity partner, Lever makes it easy to seamlessly push hired candidate information to your Paylocity instances. Streamline the recruiting to HR process and minimize time spent on manual data entry.
This is a one-way sync of new hire data from Lever to Paylocity Onboarding, where the new hire sync initiates when a candidate is archived as "Hired" in Lever, it passes over the candidate info from Lever, generates a unique Paylocity username and creates a new onboarding record in your Paylocity Onboarding instances.
Reach out to your Paylocity representative, to enable your Paylocity instance for the integration with Lever. After the Paylocity representative has enabled the integration in your instance, they will provide you with your Paylocity Company ID(s).
Please note: The below steps to create "Paylocity Instance" dropdown field on your offer form are optional. If you have a single Paylocity company Id and want to route all your candidates to it, then there is no need to create "Paylocity Instance" dropdown field on your offer form. This field is only required multi-instance support to route the candidates to their appropriate Paylocity company Ids (As described below in the "multi-instance support" section of this article)
- Log into Lever Hire template placeholder settings page, scroll to the bottom of the screen and click the + Add Custom Placeholder button. Then create a new placeholder called "Paylocity Instance" and then set the field type to Dropdown.
- Click on the Offer Form tab at the top of the screen and click the + Add Field button on the top-right-hand side of the page. Select the new placeholder to add it to your offer form (you can begin typing "Paylocity Onboarding" to narrow the results).
- Click the Edit options button to the right and enter a friendly name that your team will recognize for your Paylocity instance (for example, "Primary" or "Main"). If you have more than one Paylocity company instance ID, you can add the additional names at this time.
This will allow your users to select which Paylocity instance to associate with a new onboarding record at the time an offer is created. Each dropdown label should conveniently identify which instance your users will be selecting.
We also recommend setting up an additional label called "Do not send" if there are cases when you would like to omit sending a particular candidate to Paylocity Onboarding.
- Once complete, please provide Lever with the name of each label you have created, along with its associated company ID (If you choose to include "Do not send", it will be associated with no Paylocity company ID).
- Set-up the any additional fields on the offer form and/or candidate profile form (see below).
When a candidate is imported from Lever to Paylocity Onboarding instance, here is the data that gets transferred. Fields are taken from the candidate profile, profile form and/ or the Offer form as follows:
Candidate Profile Form
Configuring the fields below is completely optional. If you would like to pass any of these fields from your Lever to Paylocity Onboarding instance, you'll need to set up a profile form called "Paylocity Onboarding". If the form is not defined, the integration will attempt to retrieve the info from the Offer form.
This step needs to be done by a Lever Admin or Super Admin.
- Navigate to the form settings page in Lever Hire
- Add a new form titled “Paylocity Onboarding”
- Include all the fields that you would like to send to Paylocity as described in the chart below.
- Add the form to the desired candidate profile and fill out the form
Learn about setting up a profile form and adding it to the candidate profiles in this help article.
|Paylocity User Name||text (single line)||username||
If not specified, the integration logic will use the username by concatenating first name and last name from the offer form or the given candidate's profile.
|First Name||text (single line)||First Name||If not specified, the first name will be extracted from the offer form or given the candidate's profile.|
|Last Name||text (single line)||Last Name||If not specified, the last name will be extracted from the offer form or given the candidate's profile.|
|Address 1||text (single line)||Address 1||If not specified, the integration logic will look for address information on the offer form.|
|text (single line)||Address 2||If not specified, the integration logic will look for address information on the offer form.|
|City||text (single line)||City||''|
|State||text (single line)||State||''|
|Zip||text (single line)||Zip||''|
Candidate Offer Form
Similar to candidate form, configuring the fields below on the offer form is optional for all fields except paylocity instance, which is required. If the fields are configured, the data will be auto pulled from the filled out offer form. If these fields are not defined on the offer form or the profile form, the available info will be extracted off of the candidate profile.
- Navigate to the Offer settings page, under the Offer form tab in Lever Hire
- Add the fields from the chart below that you would like to send to Paylocity
Learn more about customizing the offer form in Lever from this help article.
|Candidate name (Required)||text input||First Name and Last Name||If not specified on the candidate profile form, the first name and last name will be auto pulled from the offer form or the candidate profile.|
Candidate address line 1
|text input||Address 1||If the address information is not specified either on the candidate profile form or the offer form, it will not be auto-filled on your paylocity onboarding record.|
|Candidate address line 1||text input||Address 2|
|Anticipated start date||Date||Expected start from||If the "Anticipated start date" is not specified either on the offer form, it will not be auto-filled on your paylocity onboarding record.|
|Paylocity Instance||Dropdown||-||If you have multiple Paylocity instances, please create a dropdown field with the values.|
This integration supports the ability to send create onboarding records in different instances of your Paylocity account.
Please provide the company Id(s) for the appropriate instances and your Lever support representative will help you with the mapping. Each dropdown label on the "Paylocity Instance" field from your offer form should conveniently identify which instance your users will be selecting.
Once this integration is all set-up and configured, the next time you archive a candidate as "Hired" in Lever, candidates' information will be pushed and a new Paylocity onboarding record will be created. As shown in the screenshot below
Once set up, you can disable this integration at any time by opening the integration's menu and clicking the "Revoke" option beside the key listed at the bottom.