|Available for||User Roles||All users (excl. Interviewers). Can only be configured by Super Admins.|
|Packages||Select Lever packages|
||The Lever - Paylocity Onboarding integration requires set-up by both the Paylocity and Lever teams. If you’re interested in using this integration, please reach out to your Paylocity support representative in addition to reaching out to Lever.|
As an official Paylocity partner, Lever makes it easy to seamlessly push hired candidate information to your Paylocity instances. Streamline the recruiting to HR process and minimize time spent on manual data entry.
This is a one-way sync of new hire data from Lever to Paylocity Onboarding, where the new hire sync initiates when a candidate is archived as 'Hired' in Lever, it passes over the candidate info from Lever, generates a unique Paylocity username, and creates a new onboarding record in your Paylocity Onboarding instances.
Start by reaching out to your Paylocity representative to request that they enable the Lever integration for your Paylocity instance(s). Once they have enabled the integration, your Paylocity representative will provide you with your Paylocity Company ID(s) - one for each instance. Once you have your Paylocity Company ID(s), proceed with the following steps:
- Log into Lever, navigate to the Offers section in your Settings, and select the Template Placeholders tab. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click the + Add Customer Placeholder button. Type "Paylocity Instance" in the description field and set the placeholder type to "Dropdown."
- Next, navigate to the Offer Form tab at the top of the screen, click the + Add Field button on the top-right-hand side of the page, and select the Paylocity Instance placeholder you created in the previous step (you can begin typing "Paylocity Onboarding" to narrow the results) to add it to your offer form.
- Scroll to the Paylocity Instance placeholder and click the Edit options button aligned to the right. In the first option field, add a label for your Paylocity instance (such as "Primary" or "Main"). If you have multiple Paylocity instances to which you need to pass candidate information from Lever, input a label for each additional instance in the available options fields. We also recommend adding an option labelled "Do not send" to allow for cases where you would like to omit sending a particular candidate to Paylocity Onboarding. For example, in the image below, the placeholder has been set up so that users can select one of two Paylocity instances (one for full time employees, the other for those on an hourly wage) to associate with the new onboarding record.
- Navigate to the Integrations and API section of your Settings, scroll to the HRIS and onboarding section, select the Paylocity toggle, and click the Send Request to Enable button on the expanded tile. A member of the Lever Support team will contact you to request the labels you created in the previous step as well as the associated Paylocity company IDs. Note, if you choose to include "Do not send" as a label, it will not be associated with any Paylocity company ID.
- Once the member of Lever Support has confirmed that the labels and Paylocity company IDs have been linked, proceed to set-up any additional fields you require on the offer form and/or candidate profile form (see below).
When a candidate is archived as 'Hired,' Lever will look for the necessary candidate information to pass to Paylocity in order to create their onboarding record. In most cases, Lever will first look for information in the candidate profile form and then the offer form. If any necessary information is missing from either of these forms, Lever will then look for it in the candidate profile.
||'Candidate profile form' refers to a form that is filled out and attached to a candidate's profile. Forms can be drafted and attached to record specific information related to a candidate. This is different from the candidate profile itself, which is refers to the collection of generic candidate information (name, contact information, opportunities record, etc). Instructions on how to set-up a form for Paylocity Onboarding that can then be attached to a candidate's profile can be found in the next section of this article.|
Below you will find descriptions of how information transferred from Lever is mapped to the corresponding onboarding record in Paylocity.
Only select pieces of candidate information can be passed from Lever to Paylocity. Refer to the 'Lever Fields' columns in the tables below to see exactly which pieces of information can be be transferred.
Candidate Profile Form
First, create a 'Paylocity Onboarding' form by completing the following steps:
- Navigate to your Settings, select Forms in the menu on the left of the screen and click the New Form button.
- Title the form "Paylocity Onboarding"
- Add the following questions to the form, each with the response type Text (Single Line):
- Paylocity User Name
- First Name
- Last Name
- Address 1
- Address 2
- Click Save Changes in the upper-right of the form editor.
This form can now be attached and filled out on any candidate's profile. Instructions on how to attach and fill out a form on a candidate profile can be found in the following article:
If the 'Paylocity Onboarding' form is attached to a candidate that is archived as 'Hired' the information in the form will map to the onboarding record in Paylocity as follows:
|Lever Field||Paylocity Field||If not specified...|
|Paylocity User Name||username||Will pull as a concatenation of the first and last name on the offer form or candidate profile as they appear in Lever.|
|First Name||First Name||Will pull from the offer form or candidate profile as it appears in Lever.|
|Last Name||Last Name||Will pull from offer form or candidate profile as it appears in Lever.|
|Address 1||Address 1||Will pull from the offer form as it appears in Lever.|
|Address 2||Address 2||Will pull from the offer form as it appears in Lever.|
|City||City||Will pull from the offer form as it appears in Lever.|
|State||State||Will pull from the offer form as it appears in Lever.|
|Zip||Zip||Will pull from the offer form as it appears in Lever.|
Candidate Offer Form
First, ensure that your offer form contains the correct fields for mapping to Paylocity, by completing the following steps:
- Navigate to your Settings, select Offers in the menu on the left of the screen and click the Offer Form tab at the top of the page.
- Check the list for the following fields, adding any as necessary via the + Add Field button:
- Candidate name
- Candidate address line 1
- Candidate address line 2
- Anticipated start date
- Paylocity Instance (see the Setup section of this article for instruction on how to add this custom field to your offer form)
For more information on how to customize your offer form, refer to the following support article:
Users will be prompted to fill out this form when generating an offer for a candidate in Lever. If/when the candidate is archived as 'Hired' the information in the form will map to the onboarding record in Paylocity as follows:
|Lever Field||Paylocity Field||If not specified...|
|Candidate name (required)||First Name and Last Name||Will pull from candidate profile form as it appears in Lever. If not specified on candidate profile form, will pull from candidate profile as it appears in Lever.|
|Candidate address line 1||Address 1||Will pull from candidate profile form as it appears in Lever. If not specified on candidate profile form, this field will be left blank in Paylocity.|
|Candidate address line 2||Address 2||Will pull from candidate profile form as it appears in Lever. If not specified on candidate profile form, this field will be left blank in Paylocity.|
|Anticipated start date||Expected start from||Will be left blank in Paylocity.|
|Paylocity Instance||N/A||Not applicable, as an option must be chosen in order to associate the onboarding record with the proper Paylocity instance.|
||Recall that you must create a custom Paylocity Instance drop-down field on your offer form, in order for new onboarding records to be associated with the correct Paylocity instance.|
Once the integration has been properly configured, the next time a candidate is archived as 'Hired' in Lever, that candidate's information will be pushed to the corresponding Paylocity instance and a new onboarding record will be created, examples of which can be seen in the screenshots below.
To disable the Paylocity integration:
- Navigate to your Settings and select Integrations and API from the menu in the left side of the screen.
- Scroll to the HRIS and onboarding section of the integrations list, expand the Paylocity toggle and click Revoke.