|Available for||Roles||Super Admin, Admin, Team Member, Limited Team Member
Can only be enabled by Super Admins
|Permissions||• (To enable) Manage API credentials and manage integrations
• (To use) Manage profiles and view associated postings
|Packages||LeverTRM, LeverTRM for Enterprise|
The CoderPad integration allows you to create CoderPad live interview sessions or asynchronous take-home tests for candidates, in order to gauge their coding and problem-solving abilities. Before proceeding, note that Lever's integration with CoderPad is only available to users with CoderPad plans that support ATS integrations.
In this article
Enabling the CoderPad integration
Step 1: Enable webhooks in Lever
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations and API > Webhooks
- Enable the 'Candidate Stage Change' webhook
- For additional guidance, refer to our help article on configuring webhooks.
Step 2: Generate an API key in Lever
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations and API > API Credentials
- Generate a new API key with permissions for all read and write endpoints
- For additional guidance, refer to our help article on generating API keys.
Step 3: Configure the integration in CoderPad
- In CoderPad navigate to the CoderPad Lever Integration page
- In the 'Test Connection' section paste your Lever API key and click Connect
- Click Add Configuration on the Lever Integration landing page
- Select the hiring stage where you will use a pad, for example 'Phone Screen' or 'On-site interview'
- Choose the type of pad you want to generate: Live interview pad or a Take-home asynchronous test pad
||Note that Take-Home Tests require selecting a question that will be used in the pad. Using a question for a Live Interview is optional.|
- Enter in a tag name and click the Create button
- This will be the tag you use in Lever to generate a pad link at the trigger hiring stage. In the example depicted below the tag name "coderpad live" is used.
Using the CoderPad integration with Lever
The CoderPad integration will look for the candidates with the tag you configured in your CoderPad Lever Integration, for example "coderpad live". You can add a tag to a candidate by clicking Add tag on the their profile and typing the name of the tag.
When adding the tag for the first time, you will be asked to confirm you want to create a new tag. For full instructions, refer to our help article on adding and managing tags.
You can also automatically apply your CoderPad tag to candidates that apply to specific jobs, by adding the tag in the posting editor for that job.
When a candidate with the CoderPad tag is advanced to the stage configured in Step 2 (see above), CoderPad will generate a pad for them. The link to the pad will the listed on the candidate's profile in Lever.
||If a candidate has had your configured CoderPad tag applied to their profile automatically via the job posting and you wish to exempt that candidate from a CoderPad interview session, simply remove the tag from their candidate profile before advancing them to the configured trigger stage.|
To share the CoderPad link with candidates, copy the CoderPad link from their profile and include it in your scheduling email.
Once the CoderPad interview session has been completed, the same link can be used to playback the session.