|Super Admin, Admin, Team Member, Limited Team Member
Can only be enabled by Super Admins
|• (To use) Manage profiles and view associated permissions
• (To enable) Manage API credentials and manage integrations
|LeverTRM, LeverTRM for Enterprise
As a Platinum ADP Marketplace partner, the Lever integration for ADP Workforce Now seamlessly sends new hire data from Lever to ADP Workforce Now when candidates are hired in Lever. Available information from the candidate profile, requisition, offer, and profile form are pre-populated in ADPⓇ’s New Hire Wizard, saving time and improving data entry quality.
|The process for enabling this integration requires first updating your ADP Workforce Now permissions to allow Lever to access ADP data and then purchasing a connector in the ADP Marketplace. Note that Lever's integration only supports the United States ADP Marketplace. In addition, this integration cannot be used with ADP Workforce Now Next Generation. If you are using ADP Workforce Now Next Generation, the required connector will not be available for purchase in the ADP Marketplace (see below).
Configuring your ADP Workforce Now settings
Before purchasing the connector, you must grant ADP Marketplace connectors access to certain data.
- In ADP Workforce Now, navigate to Setup > Security > Access Permissions
- Click the Manage Profiles button
- Select the 'Marketplace Data Connector Application Profile' to edit its permissions; this will impact permissions for all ADP Marketplace connectors, including the Lever connector
- Under the 'Process' tab, navigate to HR > Hire/Rehire
- Click Edit options to select the 'Admin Functions' option
- Under the 'Setup' tab, select the following items:
- Payroll > Company Options
- Tools > Validation Tables
- Click Edit options and select the Business Unit, Department, Job, Location, and Worker Category options
- Template Management > Hire/Rehire
Finally, you must allow ADP Marketplace connectors to enter new hire data into each ADP onboarding template that your team will be using.
- In ADP Workforce Now, navigate to Setup > Template Management > Hire/Rehire
- Select any active onboarding template that your team will be using to process new hires
- Navigate to Assign Users and ensure that the profile beginning with “Don’t inactivate or delete” is selected if it is not already
- If this profile does not appear in the Assign Users step, please reach out to your ADP Customer Service representative
- Complete the rest of the template setup and submit the changes when finished
- Repeat the above steps for each ADP onboarding template that your team will be using
Refer to the videos below for a demonstration of how to configure your ADP Workforce Now settings.
|If the integration encounters an ADP Workforce Now permissions error while attempting to send new hire data, a note will be added to the new hire’s opportunity. If this permissions issue persists after making the necessary changes detailed above, please reach out to your ADP Customer Support representative.
Enabling the integration with ADP Workforce Now
- In Lever, navigate to Settings > Integrations and API, scroll to the 'HRIS and onboarding' section, and click the ADP Workforce Now toggle.
- Copy the API key on the integration tile
- The API Key will be activated and hidden by clicking the Done button. You can click Revoke to generate a new key and void the previous key.
- Click the Go to ADP Marketplace button to be redirected to the ADP Marketplace.
- Log into the ADP Marketplace and search for the Lever Connector for ADP Workforce Now (shown below):
- Click Learn More, followed by Buy Now on the next screen, and then select an edition to purchase.
- Before completing the purchase, you must input the Lever API key from your Lever instance. When viewing your cart, click Edit in order to initiate the prompt in which you can enter the API key.
- Once purchased, the purchaser must respond to the automated email from ADP to provide consent.
- Once consent has been provided, the integration will initiate.
- In Lever, navigate to Settings > Integrations and API > Webhooks and scroll to the 'Candidate Hired' webhook toggle
- If the toggle is off, turn it to the on (green) position
- If the toggle is already on (because you are using it in another active integration), no action is required
How the integration with ADP Workforce Now works
|Lever's integration with ADP Workforce Now works with ADP instances using ADP TotalSource.
When the integration with ADP Workforce Now is enabled, new requisition fields will be created in your Lever instance. These requisition fields will be automatically populated with information from your ADP instance, such as ADP job codes and departments. The requisition fields will be synced nightly to reflect any changes to your ADP instance. In order for this data to be sent to ADP, these fields must be attached to a candidate’s requisition. To see a full list of requisition fields, refer to our ADP field mapping article.
ADP profile form
When the integration with ADP Workforce Now is enabled, a new form will be created in your Lever instance. The newly generated form will be tiled 'ADP Integration Form'. In order for a candidate's data to be passed from Lever to ADP with the greatest accuracy, this form should be attached to their profile with all fields filled out. For more details on forms and how to attach them to a candidate profiles, refer to our help article on configuring and using forms.
In the 'ADP Onboarding Template' field on the ADP integration form, select from the onboarding templates in your organization's ADP instance. The lists of onboarding templates, onboarding experiences, and office locations in the dropdown menus are synced daily to reflect what is available in your ADP instance. If no template is selected, the integration will default to the 'ADP Applicant Onboard' template in your ADP instance. If you have not set up the ADP Applicant Onboard template and you do not select a template on the profile form, the integration will fail when attempting to pass candidate data from Lever to ADP.
You can remove any fields from the ADP integration form, with the exception of the onboarding template, onboarding experience, and office location fields (which will regenerate on the form within 24 hours if deleted). We advise against deleting the following fields:
- Company code
- First name
- Last name
- Hire date
In addition to the fields on the ADP integration form, the integration will pull the necessary information from the opportunity, requisition, and/or offer associated with the candidate. For a full breakdown of how data fields are mapped between Lever and ADP, refer to our ADP field mapping article.
|To completely reset the Lever integration with ADP form to its default, delete the form from your Lever instance. A new form with the default configuration will be regenerated in your Lever instance within 24 hours.
Onboarding record generation in ADP
When a candidate's opportunity is archived as 'Hired' in Lever the integration will initiate the generation of a corresponding onboarding record in ADP Workforce Now which will have candidate data pre-populated in the ADP New Hire Wizard.
|Before archiving an opportunity as 'Hired' we recommend checking the fields from which data will be passed on the opportunity, requisition, offer, and/or profile form. The more fields that are present and populated in Lever, the more fields that will be pre-populated in ADP Workforce Now.
Once information transfer is initiated you will see one of two tags on the candidate opportunity in Lever:
- ADP - Successfully Transferred - This tag will be added when the candidate's information has been successfully passed from Lever to their ADP onboarding record
- ADP - Failed to Transfer - This tag will be added if the candidate's information failed to pass from Lever to their ADP onboarding record
A note will be added to the candidate's opportunity in Lever when their information is either successfully passed or fails to pass to ADP as a record of the attempt. If the information failed to pass, the note will specify what caused the failure so you can attempt to correct the error.
Re-attempting to pass candidate information to ADP after a failure
If the note indicates a failure to pass information as a result of missing or incompatible information in Lever, you can correct the error and then re-initiate the information transfer by applying a tag with the label 'ADP - Retry' to the hired opportunity. Once you apply the tag, the integration will automatically re-attempt to pass information from Lever to ADP.
Excluding a candidate from the ADP information transfer
When the ADP Workforce Now integration is enabled, Lever will by default attempt to pass candidate information to ADP for all opportunities once they are marked as 'Hired.' To exempt a candidate's opportunity from the ADP information transfer, add a tag with the label 'ADP - Skip' to the opportunity.
Within a few minutes of initiating the process, the corresponding new applicant onboarding record will appear in the 'In-Progress Hires' section of your ADP Workforce Now instance. Users with Practitioner permission in ADP will see the record when they log in to ADP Workforce Now as an Administrator by navigating to Process > HR > Hire/Rehire > In-Progress Hires.
Clicking into the onboarding record in ADP will reveal the pre-populated information that has been passed from Lever. From here, users with Practitioner permission in ADP can augment the record with additional data before verifying and processing the record.
Learn more in ADP's guide to creating a custom new hire template.