|Available for||User roles||Super Admin, Admin|
An important part of working with numerous agencies is being able to clearly identify when and whom candidates were submitted by. You can assign agency source tags to apply automatically to new candidates, as well as manually add and manage tags. Readers of this article will learn about:
- Assigning tags for new agencies
- Managing existing agency tags
- Managing agency tags on the candidate profile
Before diving in, get started with our help article on connecting and working with agencies.
Assigning tags to agencies
To maintain data hygiene and ensure candidates are associated with the correct agency source tag, Super Admins are required to assign a default agency source tag when adding an agency for the first time in Lever.
- Navigate to Settings > Agencies
- When adding a new agency, fill in the Default source tag field
In the Default source tag field, you’ll have the option of either creating a new default source tag by typing into the field or selecting an existing source tag from the dropdown list. This source tag that will be applied to every opportunity associated with a candidate submitted by the agency, along with the 'Job site' tag.
Candidates submitted through the agency job site moving forward will automatically have the chosen default source tag, as well as the 'Job site' tag, applied on the candidate profile. This helps ensure consistency across all candidate submissions for better reporting accuracy.
If you need to update a default source tag for an agency, or any other fields within the agency information page, any changes will retroactively update candidates already associated with the agency in real time. If any user attempts to make changes to an existing default source tag, a flyover will appear in the Lever to confirm the user wants to update the source tag in efforts to protect data accuracy in your account.
||For companies with duplicate source tags, we recommend adding agencies to Lever first with a default source tag before taking action on the Sources and Tags list. That way, your team can merge or remove agency tags, so that the most accurate agency details will be reflected on the correct candidate profiles.|
Managing existing agency tags
Admins and Super Admins can merge existing source tags to current agency default source tags. In the sources list, any designated default source tags added from Agencies page will be easily identifiable with an information icon, letting users know the source is associated with an agency in Lever.
- Navigate to Settings > Sources and tags
- In the 'Search sources' field, type in the tag you want to merge
- Click the blue Merge into button
- In the 'Enter source to merge into field', Enter the other tag you want to merge
- Click the blue Merge sources button
When managing your agency source tags, there are several behaviors that are helpful to keep in mind.
- An existing default source tag for an agency cannot be merged with another existing default source tag.
- An existing default source tag cannot be merged to a regular source tag.
- An existing default source tag cannot be deleted from the Sources and Tags list.
When merging regular source tags to a default source tag for an agency, doing so >attribute those candidates to the agency - and therefore accounted for in the daily status email sent to the agency, particularly in the candidate summary dashboard.
Managing agency tags on the candidate profile
Occasionally, users will need to make changes to a candidate’s origin and source.
- Navigate to the candidate's profile
- Click the source tag and ensure 'Agency' is chosen
- Select from a dropdown list of existing agency source tags