|Available for||User roles||Super Admins, Admins, Team Members, Limited Team Members|
|Plan||Available for all Lever Plans & customers using G Suite, Office 365, or Exchange to schedule through Lever (with slight differences depending on your integration)|
Please note: This is an upcoming product change. We will be rolling this update out to our customers gradually over the coming weeks. Contact our support team for further information!
With Lever’s Interview RSVP, you’ll enjoy a heads up on anything that might require your attention for an upcoming interview. At a glance, you can see whether interviewers (or rooms) have accepted or declined their invitations, as well as whether interviewers have failed to respond to events that are coming up soon. You’ll see all of this right within Lever, without having to consult your external calendaring system.
Where can I see Interview RSVP?
Whenever you schedule an interview, the details for that upcoming interview panel will be listed in a summary card near the top of a candidate profile.
If an interviewer has responded to the meeting invite, there will be an indicator in the lower right hand corner of their respective avatar.
In the above screenshot, the green checkmarks on some of the interviewers’ avatars signify that they have accepted the invitations to their interviews. The absence of an indicator means the interviewers have not yet responded to their calendar invites.
What will Interview RSVP warn me about?
When you’re looking at an upcoming interview for a candidate, Interview RSVP will warn you about a few key scenarios:
- Any interviewer has declined
- Any room has declined
- Any interviewer has not responded to an interview that starts within the next two business days
- Any interviewer has responded tentatively or “maybe” to an interview that starts within the next two business days
- Any and all combinations of the above
In the warning state, the header of the interview summary card turns from blue to yellow, and you can see details that might require your attention or rescheduling.
You might see any of the following indicators:
- Red x: Interviewer declined
- Gray question mark: Interviewer responded "maybe"
- Green checkmark: Interviewer accepted
- No indicator: Interviewer has not responded
Warning icons will also appear next to the individual events within an interview panel, and upon hover, you can see more detail.
You can also click “View Details” at the bottom of the summary card to check the last time that Interview RSVP synced meeting responses.
Office 365 integration
If your company uses Office 365 to schedule through Lever, you'll also have access to Interview RSVP! However, Interview RSVP can’t sync responses for events that are scheduled on shared Microsoft Office calendars. If you’d like to take advantage of Interview RSVP, interviews must be scheduled directly on a personal calendar.
In addition, you may need to reset your sign in in order for Interview RSVP to begin syncing for interviews that you schedule:
- Go to https://hire.lever.co/settings
- Uncheck all three Permissions boxes (Contacts, Calendar, Email)
- Click “Save Changes”
- Re-check all three Permissions boxes
- Click “Save Changes”
- Re-authenticate by submitting your Microsoft Office credentials
Microsoft Exchange integration
If your company uses Microsoft Exchange to schedule through Lever, you'll also have access to Interview RSVP! However, you may notice a few key differences:
- Interview RSVP can’t sync responses for events that are scheduled on shared Microsoft Exchange calendars. If you’d like to take advantage of Interview RSVP, interviews must be scheduled directly on a personal calendar.
- Meeting responses will sync to Lever roughly every 15 minutes.
- Since you can’t book room resources via Lever's integration with Exchange, there will be no room status for Interview RSVP to display.