|Available for||User roles||Super Admins, Admins, Team Members, Limited Team Members|
Please note: The Codility integration requires set up by the Lever team. If you're interested in using Lever's Codility integration, please reach out to the Lever support team.
As an official Codility partner, Lever allows you to quickly and easily initiate Codility assessments and gauge a candidate’s coding and problem-solving abilities - without ever leaving Lever! All you’ll need to get started is a Lever and Codility account.
Before you can set up the Codility integration, you will need to reach out to your Lever point of contact or Lever’s support team. In your request, please provide the following:
- Trigger Stage: The stage that automatically triggers sending a Codility test.
- Pass Percentage Threshold: If a candidate exceeds the Pass Threshold (e.g. 90%), they will be tagged with “codility - pass” and optionally advanced to another stage.
- Fail Percentage Threshold: If the candidate scores below the Fail Threshold (e.g. 40%), they will be tagged with “codility - fail”. All Candidates whose score falls between the Pass and Fail Threshold will be tagged with “codility - needs review”.
- Codility Access Token: You will need to send this securely. We recommend sending the token by saving it to a text file locally, and sending it using https://send.firefox.com to generate a one-time-use download link. To find your Codility Access Token, start by logging into the Codility application. Navigate to My Accounts → Integrations → Custom Integrations. Enter "lever" as the Application Name and click Create.
- Default Test (Optional): The name of the default Codility test. If configured, Lever will initiate this code test for all candidates who move into the Trigger Stage.
- Stage on Pass (Optional): The name of the stage the candidate will automatically advance to after meeting or exceeding the Pass Percentage Threshold.
Once you have sent Lever this information, the appropriate API key and webhook settings will be configured in your Lever account. Do not delete these, or the integration will stop working!
Tip: You can automatically tag candidates based on which Postings they have applied to! Simply go to the Jobs section in Lever, click on a job, and add the Codility test name as a tag.
Initiating a Codility Test from Lever
Once you’ve completed setup, any candidate who reaches your Trigger Stage will be sent to Codility. Lever only sends the candidate name and email address to Codility. You'll then be able to see the status on the homepage of the Codility dashboard.
Once the candidate has been sent to Codility, they will receive an invitation from Codility via email to begin the Codility test. Once they’ve completed the Codility assessment, the tag in Lever will change to "codility - result". Once Codility sends Lever a result, a Codility-gated link will be added to the links section and a PDF report summary will be added as a file on the candidate profile.
Please note: This integration only supports running one code test per candidate. Additional tests for the same candidate must be triggered through Codility.
If the candidate meets or exceeds the Pass Threshold, the candidate will be tagged with “codility - pass” and will advance to the Stage on Pass (if configured). If the candidate scores below the Fail Threshold, the candidate will be tagged with “codility - fail” and remain in the trigger stage. If the candidate scores somewhere in between the Pass Threshold and the Fail Threshold, a “codility - needs review” tag will be applied to the candidate.
Overriding your Default Test
During setup, you have the option to provide a default test to send to all candidates that reach the trigger stage. However, you can also run different tests for different roles and candidates! In order to override the default test (or select a test if you did not provide a default test), simply add a tag with the name of the test to the candidate's profile before advancing them to the trigger stage!
You can also automatically tag candidates on Posting-by-Posting basis. To learn more about tags click here!
Drop us a note if any questions come to mind. We're always happy to help with your Codility integration!