|Available for||User roles||Super Admins, Admins, Team Members|
|Plan||Enterprise, Professional, Starter, Legacy|
Please note: This is an upcoming product change. We will be rolling this update out to our customers gradually over the coming weeks. Contact our support team for further information!
Granting candidate access to Limited Team Members can be accomplished within your Team Settings page. The "Candidate access" column on the Team Settings page will show you how much access a given user has at a glance.
- All: User has access to full Sensitive Information Privileges (Super Admins, Admins, and Team Members).
- Limited: User has limited candidate access. The number of currently active job postings is displayed. You can click to see the details of which categories and/or postings the user has access to.
- –: User is an Interviewer who cannot be granted candidate access.
Who can invite new Limited Team Members?
Super Admins, Admins, and Team Members can invite and edit Limited Team Members.
How do I invite a new Limited Team Member?
Begin on the Team Settings page and click the blue "Add new user" button in the upper right hand corner.
Add the new user's email address and name. Link the new user to their hired candidate profile (here's further information on that). Then, click the blue "Next step" button on the lower right hand corner of the pop-up.
On the next screen, you'll have the opportunity to choose the Access Role of the new Limited Team Member that you're inviting to your Lever account.
When configuring a Limited Team Member, you'll then be prompted to select exactly which candidates this user should have access to. You can give users access to candidates for one or multiple of the following categories of information in Lever:
- Job posting
Finally, you can also configure which postings the user will follow, which means they will receive notifications about candidates associated with those postings (learn more about following here).
How do I edit an existing Limited Team Member's access?
Editing an existing Limited Team Member's candidate access can be accomplished within the Team Settings page. Click the blue "Next steps" button on the first screen.
On the next screen, you'll have the opportunity to change the Access Role of the existing user. If you wish to keep the user as an Limited Team Member, you can adjust the scope of their access by updating the categories and job postings under the Candidate Access section. Please see the "How do I invite a new Limited Team Member?" section above for further details.
Note that if you change a Limited Team Member's access role to Super Admin, Admin, or Team Member, you will no longer see an option to configure candidate access. For Admins or Team Members, you’ll instead be prompted to configure Sensitive Information Privileges.
How else can I grant candidate access to Limited Team Members?
In addition to configuring Limited Team Member’s candidate access from the Team Settings page, you can grant access in a few other ways.
- Job posting owner and hiring manager: The current owner and hiring manager of a job posting will have access to candidates for that posting. These can be configured or edited from the job posting page.
- Job posting access list: Each job posting has a list of Limited Team Members that can access candidates for that posting. This list can be edited by Super Admins, Admins, and Team Members.
- Candidate profile access list: Each candidate profile has a list of Limited Team Members that can access the profile. This list can be edited by Super Admins, Admins, and Team Members.
Please note: In addition to adding Limited Team Members to the candidate access list, Super Admins, Admins, and Team Members can remove certain users from the access list on a profile. This will prevent the user from seeing candidates they had been able to see previously. You can always re-add Limited Team Members to this one-off list.
- @-mentioning a user: Mentioning a Limited Team Member in a note on a profile will add the user to that candidate’s access list.
- Scheduling a user for an interview panel: Limited Team Members who are scheduled to interview a candidate will be added to that candidate’s access list.
What happens if I change a user's candidate access?
Candidate access for Limited Team Members is dynamic. As soon as changes to a Limited Team Member's access are saved, they will take effect immediately, thus changing the candidates that users have access to.