|Available for||Roles||Super Admin|
|Packages||Lever Basic, LeverTRM, LeverTRM for Enterprise|
Lever customers change their email domains for a variety of reasons. Some common reasons include:
- Top-level domain change where your domain is moving from a .co moving to a .com
- "Doing business as" or stealth mode change to publicly available name
- An acquisition or change of name
To change your domain, you will first need to contact Lever Customer Support with answers to the following questions:
- Does your company explicitly own this domain? At this time, Lever support can only add domains that your company owns. To learn more about how you can work with agencies in Lever, we recommend taking a look at our article on connecting and working with agencies.
- Is the new email domain a fully accessible account that you can log into? (We do not support logging into Lever with email aliases at this time).
- Is the format of your new email address the same?
- Is there a specific day/time when you would like the domain transition to take place? (We will make the change at the date and time of your choosing so that you can plan around the switch).
- What is the email address of your organization's primary billing contact?
Once you have sent the required information to our Support team, we will coordinate a time with you to "flip the switch" and make the change. Once the change has been made, each Lever user will need to re-authenticate by following these steps in Lever:
- Navigate to Settings > My account
- Uncheck all three permissions boxes (Contacts, Calendar, Email)
- Click Save Changes
- Re-check all three permissions boxes
- Click Save Changes
- Log back in
It is important that all three boxes are unchecked, then saved, then all three re-checked for the above reset to work.
Frequently asked questions
Will there be any loss of data as a result of this transition?
No, the update does not affect the availability of data in the system. There is no change to the user experience, except that they need to log in using your new domain.
What about scheduling and interview panels?
There is a gap in calendar visibility between when the domain switch is made and when a user re-authenticates. Our recommendation is to communicate the switch ahead of time and instruct users to log in as quickly thereafter as possible. Note: users are unable to reschedule interviews scheduled to a calendar under the old domain.
What about Easy Book links that reference the old domain's calendar?
Any users that have set up Easy Book links should navigate to Settings > Easy Book links and make sure that the Easy Book links are associated with the new calendar. For more information, refer to our Easy Book links help article.