The applied and archived dates for an application are used by Lever Reports to associate recruiting activity that happened during that time period to that application—and by proxy, to a candidate.
Please note: For the purposes of this article, “application” simply means a specific consideration of a candidate for a specific job posting over a given period of time. It might refer to a candidate who applied through your job site, but it could also refer to a candidate who was sourced or referred.
Being able to track and trust your candidates’ application dates means that your Talent Operations or Analytics teams can reliably:
- Measure candidate velocity in the interview process relative to each application
- Measure the total number of times a candidate has applied to a position or series of positions over a period in time
- Track the effectiveness of campaigns that are not taggable (ie: big employment branding push, funding announcements, etc)
- Conduct cohort analysis based on application dates
What will happen when I manually add a job?
When you manually add a job to a candidate’s profile, Lever will look for specific recruiting activity that you might want reflected in your consideration of the candidate for the new posting. If there isn’t any recruiting activity that needs to be accounted for in Lever Reports, Lever will simply set the application start date to be the actual time that you add the job.
Please note: The specific types of recruiting activity that Lever looks for are feedback (including notes with scores), interviews, stage changes, Nurture campaigns, and emails.
However, if Lever detects relevant recruiting activity that isn’t covered by an archived application, you will be prompted to select an application date yourself.
Lever will initially suggest one of the following conservative date types to ensure that the recruiting activity will definitely be attributed to an application, and will thus show up in Lever Reports:
- If a candidate has no applications, to the profile creation date.
- If a candidate has at least one active applications, to the earliest application’s start date.
- If a candidate has only archived applications, to the most recently archived application’s archive date.
However, you can easily select any other date, including the current date, the date of the activity in question, or any date of your choosing.
Please note: Lever will never backdate or prompt you to backdate actual candidate-driven applications or employee referrals—those dates are always set to the exact time of application or referral.
If you ever want to edit application dates later on, you can easily do so by clicking on the dates in the Jobs section of a candidate profile.