|Super Admin, Admin, Team Member, Limited Team Member
Can only be enabled by Super Admins
|• (To enable) Manage API credentials and manage integrations
• (To configure) Manage pipeline stages
• (To use) Manage profiles and view associated postings
|LeverTRM, LeverTRM for Enterprise
The Referoo integration with Lever allows talent acquisition teams to completely automate ordering of their reference checks and background checks from within Lever. Once a candidate is moved to the designated Referoo trigger stage in Lever, the integration will automatically contact the candidate and referees (incl. reminders, follow-ups and ID verification), and deliver completed reference reports as an update on the Lever opportunity. For more information refer to the Referoo website.
Setting up the Referoo integration
You must be a Parent Account holder in Referoo to establish the connection.
Find detailed instructions on setting up the Referoo integration with Lever at the following link (requires log-in):
- Only the Referoo Parent Account holder needs to establish the connection from the Referoo into Lever. New users added into both platforms won't need to make any changes to connect!
- Please reach out to your Referoo Account Manager or Referoo Support to indicate you would like to integrate with Lever. You will also need to set up packages in Referoo to use this integration.
Add the Referoo Trigger Stage in Lever
- In Lever, navigate to Settings > Pipeline and Archive Reasons
- Click Customize Pipeline Stages
- Click Add Stage to add a a new stage.
- Label the stage with something that makes it clear to your users that the stage is for Referoo or for reference collection (e.g. "Referoo" or "Reference Checks")
- Move this stage to the desired pipeline section. You will need to create a stage for each questionnaire/reference
- Click Next, Next again, then Save as required.
For additional guidance on customizing your pipeline stages, please refer to Lever's help center article.
Setup the Integration Referoo
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations > Lever
- Click Connect to Lever
- On the modal, log into Lever using your Lever admin account
- Review the list of requested permissions and click Accept to authorize the application connection
- Enable which supported events you would like messaged in Lever against the candidate. At a minimum, selecting the option that a reference has been completed is advised. The configured events will be added as a note to the opportunity in Lever.
- Enable uploading completed reference PDF's into Lever
- Click Update
Configuring the Referoo integration
After creating or updating your packages in Referoo, map the applicable Lever stage(s) to the associated questionnaire check(s)
- In Referoo, go to Settings > Integrations > Lever
- Select the package to be used when the candidate is moved to the listed Lever stage. If you have multiple questionnaire checks, ensure each questionnaire is set to the correct stage.
Now your integration is ready to go!
Enable Webhook in Lever
- In Lever, navigate to Settings > Integrations and API > Webhooks
- Scroll down to the 'Candidate Stage Change' webhook
- Enable the 'Candidate Stage Change' webhook if it is not already enabled
Using the Referoo integration
- Once the stages and packages have been configured in Referoo, open a candidate opportunity in Lever.
- Move the candidate to the trigger stage associated with the desired Referoo package.
Based on which event listeners were enabled during setup, the selected events are added as Notes to the candidate in Lever.
Find detailed information on using the Referoo integration with Lever at the following page (requires log-in):
Please reach out to email@example.com or through the Referoo Chatbot on any Referoo page if you have any questions!
Disabling the Referoo integration
- In Lever navigate to Settings > Integrations and API
- Under the Authorized Apps tab, locate the Referoo app
- Click Revoke access to disable the integration