|Super Admin, Admin, Team Member, Limited Team Member
Can only be enabled by Super Admins
|• Manage API credentials and manage integrations
|LeverTRM, LeverTRM for Enterprise
Aquera provides an out-of-the-box integration to synchronize candidates (along with user, employee and opportunity information) and their status changes in Lever with your identity management platform, HCM system of record, and ITSM ticketing application. For more information refer to the Aquera website.
Setting up the Aquera integration
|You must be a team or organization with admin rights in Aquera to install this integration.
The integration supports the following resources and operations:
- Retrieve all users
- Retrieve information of a user
- Create a user
- Modify a user
- Activate or Deactivate a user
- Retrieve all candidates
- Retrieve information of a candidate
- Retrieve all employees
- Retrieve information of an employee
- Create an employee
- Modify an employee
The following are the prerequisites to connect the integration:
- Administrator credentials of your Lever instance.
Connector Configuration in Aquera
Perform the following steps to configure the Lever connector:
1) Log in to the Aquera Admin portal
2) Navigate to Applications and click Add Application
3) Search for Lever and click the Lever icon.
4) Enter the values for the following fields under the Configuration tab below:
Basic Details configuration:
- Display Name: Enter a display name for your application.
- Description: Enter a description for your application.
- Tenant: Enter api.lever.co for the production instance or api.sandbox.lever.co for the sandbox instance.
- Source Connection Type: Select Direct Connection.
- Source Owner: Enter a valid email ID of the source owners.
- Subscribe to error notification: Enable the toggle button to send notification emails to source owner(s) for errors in the user data transactions. Click Edit Preference to select the error types for which you want to receive notifications. After you configure your preference, you will receive error notifications only for the selected error types. By default, all error types are selected.
- Pick your protocol: Select the protocol from the dropdown list based on your requirement. SCIM is the default value.
- Copy this URL: This field displays the base URL of the connector API endpoint. The URL is populated based on your selected protocol. Copy and paste this URL while provisioning to the identity service provider or performing OpenAPI operations, if supported.
- Authorization: This is the bearer token for authentication. Refer to the Authentication section in the Aquera Lever Connector Configuration Guide for further details.
- Tenant Attributes: Refer to the Aquera Tenant Attributes section below for details.
5) Click Create to create the Lever connector
The API authorization procedure is mandatory to generate the Bearer Token required for performing the user transactions. Perform the following steps for authorization:
1) In Aquera, click Authorize after creating the Lever connector in the Aquera Admin portal.
2) Click Yes on the Authorization / Re-Authorization pop-up window to navigate to the Lever application sign-on page.
3) On the modal, log into Lever using your Lever admin account.
4) Review the list of requested permissions and click Accept to authorize the integration.
- As part of this integration, the below-listed scopes are enabled by default:
- View all archived reasons
- View all candidates' offers
- View and manage all opportunities
- View and manage all users
- Allow offline access
|The image below is a sample test screenshot. The scopes may vary from each instance. Select the scopes to meet your requirements.
5) After clicking Accept, you will be redirected to the Aquera Admin portal.
6) Search and open the Lever connector that you have configured, where the bearer token is generated in the Authorization field. This token must be entered as the bearer token for authentication.
|Clicking Re-Authorize allows you to generate a different token to use for authentication.
For more information, please refer to the Aquera Lever Connector Configuration Guide.
Configuring the Aquera integration
Aquera Tenant Attributes
The following are the Aquera tenant attributes, depicted and described below:
- Import Candidates Only: Select this checkbox when only candidates need to be imported from Lever. When this check box is selected, only the import operation can be performed in the Lever application.
- Mark only signed candidates as active: When this checkbox is selected, only the candidates who have a signed and whose opportunities are archived with one of the archive reasons specified in the Import Candidates from Archived Opportunities with these archive reasons field will be marked as active. All other users and candidates will be marked as inactive. Refer to the Aquera tenant attributes functionality section below for details on how this tenant attribute impacts the connector operations.
- Import Candidates from Archived Opportunities with these archive reasons: Enter the list of archive reasons to retrieve only those candidates whose opportunities have been archived with one of the given archive reasons. Multiple archive reasons must be provided as comma-separated values. For example, Hired, Hired into another job.
The opportunity of a candidate is archived in Lever with an archive reason. Some of the possible archive reasons are Comp Expectations, Declined Offer, Did Not Meet Requirements, Duplicate Candidate, Failed Contingencies, Hired, Hired into another job, Interviewed - Another Candidate Selected, Job Canceled, Location / Geography, Runners Up, SmartSearch Archive, Timing, Withdrew - Pre Interview, Withdrew - Post Interview, Work Authorization, Work Exp./Skill Set Not Best Fit, and Unresponsive.
Aquera Tenant Attributes Functionality
The following table shows the behavior of the Lever connector when the Import Candidates Only and Mark only signed candidates as active tenant attributes are checked or unchecked:
Import Candidates Only
Mark only signed candidates as active
Lever Connector Behavior
Only candidates returned. Candidates who have an offer for any one of the opportunities are considered active candidates.
Both users and candidates returned. Candidates who have an offer for any one of the opportunities are considered active candidates, and users who are active in the Lever are considered active users.
Only candidates returned. Candidates who have a signed offer for any one of the opportunities are considered active candidates.
Both users and candidates returned. Candidates who have a signed offer for any one of the opportunities are considered active candidates and all users are considered inactive users. Updating user status will be ignored on this configuration.
|If you have provided the archive reasons in the Import Candidates from Archived Opportunities with these archive reasons field, then the users/candidates who have been archived with any of these reasons only will be considered active.
Using the Aquera integration
The Aquera integration offers the following benefits:
- Automating candidate pre-boarding and onboarding from Lever to directories and your HCM for day one employee productivity.
- Automating ITSM ticket generation to provision resources and application access for new hires.
- Revoking access to close security gaps and reclaiming licenses for exiting users
- Synchronizing employee information across applications
- Reducing overall operational costs
Please contact Aquera for more information on how to use the Aquera integration with Lever.
Disabling the Aquera integration
- In Lever navigate to Settings > Integrations and API
- Under the Authorized Apps tab, locate the Aquera app
- Click Revoke access to disable the integration