|Available for||Roles||Super Admin, Admin, Team Member, Limited Team Member
Can only be enabled by Super Admins
|Permissions||• (To enable) Manage API credentials and manage integrations
• (To use) Manage profiles and view associated postings
|Packages||LeverTRM, LeverTRM for Enterprise|
Ready to give a candidate an offer? Want to conduct a background check before you do so? Make it easy for your recruiting team to do so by enabling an integration with GoodHire.
Setup couldn’t be easier. Here’s how to enable the integration in less than a minute:
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations and API, scroll to the 'Background and reference checks' heading and toggle on the GoodHire integration
- Generate an API key for that integration partner. You'll be able to see exactly which actions the integration with GoodHire will authorize.
- Grab the newly generated API key from Lever and paste it into a document so you can reference it later on in the configuration.
- You'll also need to generate a Webhook token in Lever for candidate stage changes, so that your candidates can be pushed from Lever to GoodHire upon moving into a designated "Background Check" or "Offer" stage (or any other stage of your choosing). This webhook token can then be added to GoodHire.
- For additional guidance, refer to our help article on configure webhooks.
- Next, navigate to your GoodHire Account menu then click on the "Integrations" tab. Locate Lever in the list and click the toggle to enable the integration.
- Add the Lever API key you've saved to GoodHire's secure integrations page.
- Next, create a webhook by copying the URL generated in GoodHire to your temporary document. Then locate the webhook signing token you saved earlier and add it to the text box "Add Webhook Signing Token" then click the "Save Token" button.
- Back in Lever, add the URL to the "Candidate stage change" webhook configuration.
- (Optional) Sync your Lever users into GoodHire. Set the user permission they should have within the GoodHire application.
- Select the stage from which the candidate will be pushed from Lever to GoodHire. (If you want the candidate exported when marked as “Hired”, you can leave this field as “Select Stage”.
- (Optional) If you want GoodHire to automatically move your candidate forward to a new stage once the report is processing and/or when the report is complete, select the stage for each. If you don’t want your candidate to move stage, leave these fields on the default “Select processing stage” and “Select completed stage”.
- (Optional) If you’d like your report to automatically be ordered when being sent from GoodHire, you can select your default package. PLEASE NOTE: Every candidate sent from Lever will have this package chosen. Any additional checks will need to be ordered as addons once the report is processing. If you’d like to have your reports sent to your “Queued Results” section for you to choose the package later, leave the value as “No Default Package”.
- Select the user you want orders to be associated with if the candidate owner is not synced to GoodHire. If automatic emails are not enabled, this user will receive the notifications for when a candidate sent from Lever to GoodHire.
- Now, when you’re using Lever, as soon as you move a candidate into the designated stage, the candidate will automatically be pushed from Lever to GoodHire to kick off the background check process. Here's a candidate in Lever:
- Once pushed to GoodHire, if a default package has been selected, the report will automatically begin running, and be shown on the main dashboard. If no default package was selected, the candidate is sent to “Queued Results”.