|Available for||User roles||Super Admin, Admin, Team Member|
This article depicts and describes Lever's multi-location posting feature included in the Fall 2023 Product Release, scheduled to rollout progressively in November 2023. For full details, refer to our Fall 2023 Product Release Notes.
The LinkedIn job board integration allows you to push job postings that you create in Lever directly to LinkedIn either by default or on a per-posting basis. Readers of this article will learn about:
- Enabling the LinkedIn job board integration
- Publishing job postings to LinkedIn
- Troubleshooting issues with posting appearance on LinkedIn
The ability to publish Lever job postings on LinkedIn is supported by all LinkedIn editions.
Enabling the LinkedIn job board integration
Although this integration can be used by anyone with at least Team Member access, this integration can only be enabled by a user with Super Admin access in Lever.
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations and API, scroll to the 'Job boards' heading, and click the LinkedIn logo
- On the expanded tile, select the default behaviour for pushing postings to LinkedIn; the options are:
- (1) Push all published job postings by default
- (2) Choose which postings get pushed to LinkedIn on a per posting basis
- Input your LinkedIn Company ID
- For instructions on how to locate your LinkedIn Company ID, refer to our LinkedIn Company ID help article.
- Click the checkbox to confirm your agreement to LinkedIn Jobs' Terms and Conditions
- Click the Turn on integration button
Disabling the LinkedIn job board integration
To disable the integration, navigate to Settings > Integrations and API and click the active LinkedIn toggle under the 'Job boards' heading. Click the Yes, disable button on the pop-over that appears to confirm that you wish to disable the integration.
||If you used the integration to push a specific job posting from Lever to LinkedIn, you must disable the integration from the posting editor (see below) in order to remove that posting from LinkedIn.|
Publishing job postings to LinkedIn
When the integration is active, new job postings (as well as updates to existing postings) are synced from Lever to LinkedIn once every 24 hours.
Pushing specific job postings to LinkedIn
If the integration was configured to pushing postings to LinkedIn on a per-posting basis, (see above) then individual postings must be pushed to LinkedIn from the posting editor.
- Scroll to the 'Job boards' section at the bottom of the Posting tab in the posting editor.
- Click the LinkedIn logo
- Click the Turn on button
Once a posting has been pushed to LinkedIn, you will be able to see the date it was added, the number of applicants, and the percentage of applicants hired in the same location of the posting editor. To remove a posting that you pushed to LinkedIn, repeat the above steps and click Turn off.
Keep in mind that LinkedIn will only show Lever job postings that have been configured for external distribution. Unlisted, draft, and internal-only postings are excluded from the LinkedIn job feed until such time that they are made externally available. To check the distribution of posting, click the posting state menu at the top of the posting editor.
How LinkedIn ingests job postings from Lever
When ingesting a posting from Lever, LinkedIn reads the following fields from the posting:
- Job title
- Location type
- Salary range
- Job description
The contents of these fields will dictate the search criteria by which the posting will be discoverable on LinkedIn. For details on the information you can include in these fields, refer to our help article on creating job postings. For specific details on configuring salary information, refer to our help article on configuring salary range for job board ingestion.
Publishing multi-location postings to LinkedIn
You can publish multi-location job postings from Lever to LinkedIn, including career site scraping (if you have this configured for your Lever and LinkedIn accounts). For full details on multi-location postings visit our help article on creating and managing multi-location postings.
- For LinkedIn ingestion, only 7 locations for one job posting will be published- 1 primary and up to 6 secondary. Postings with more than 7 locations will publish the first 7 locations to LinkedIn, the rest will be excluded in the order in which they were configured.
- When applying on LinkedIn Apply, applicants will be provided the preferred location question. If you have configured the preferred location as mandatory, applicants will need to respond to the question to apply for the posting. Learn more about
- If you are not using the Lever integration and have a separate workflow with LinkedIn, please discuss with LinkedIn beforehand on ingesting multi-location jobs.
- A multi-location posting will be distributed as individual postings for each location advertised in the job. For example, if you have a multi-location job in Lever advertised in New York, NY & Austin, TX, LinkedIn will distribute it as two separate jobs. When an applicant applies to either job, they will be redirected to your job site to apply to the same job as originally advertised.
||Note that specific behavior with multi-location postings may be affected by your LinkedIn account settings. Please talk to your LinkedIn rep before you start to create any jobs in Lever.|
Issues with postings appearance on LinkedIn
Issues with postings failing to appear on LinkedIn
LinkedIn will not publish job postings in the following circumstances:
- The job is already posted.
- The job posting has fewer than 100 words (lists as well as opening and closing paragraphs are not included in the word count)
- The job has no location (including jobs that have "Remote" or "Anywhere" as a location).
Double check that the location on your posting is recognized by LinkedIn, by checking how the location is listed on LinkedIn’s job search page. For example, we can see in the images below how the location "Toronto, Ontario" is recognized by LinkedIn and matches the location on the posting in Lever.
Location search on LinkedIn
Location field on Lever job posting
To add or update the list of locations you can choose from when creating a posting, navigate to Settings > Company and click the 'Location' tab. Note that locations can only added and updated by users with Admin access or higher in Lever. For more on this topic, refer to our help article on configuring posting locations for job board ingestion.
If you still cannot find your job posting on LinkedIn through a search, it has been more than 24 hours since it was pushed to LinkedIn, and the posting meets the criteria listed above, please contact Lever Support for further assistance.
Issues with how postings appear on LinkedIn
Job description formatting
Postings passed from Lever to LinkedIn through the integration are ingested via Lever's XML feed. Postings sourced from the XML feed are subject to formatting guidelines, outlined here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/linkedin/talent/job-postings/xml-feeds-development-guide#formatting-guidelines
In some cases, formatting that can be applied in Lever's job posting editor cannot be rendered on LinkedIn. For example, while Lever allows for the application of header formatting (i.e. text bracketed in header tags such as <h1>, <h2>, <h3> in the description's HTML) to text in job descriptions, the header formatting is not rendered on LinkedIn since header tags are not supported in XML ingestion (see guidelines linked above).
Refer to the linked XML guidelines to ensure that you are applying supported formatting tags in your postings. For example, you will notice in the guidelines that XML feeds do support bold text formatting ( <b> and <strong> tags) and line breaks (<br> tags). As an alternative to header formatting, you could apply bold formatting to text that you intend to serve as a heading, followed by a line break and then the paragraph text.
For example, a job description written as...
<p>Description body text...</p>
Could be re-formatted as...
<p>Description body text...</p>
...in order to include only supported formatting tags.