|Available for||User roles||
Super Admin, Admin, Team Member
The LinkedIn job board integration allows you to push job postings that you create in Lever directly to LinkedIn either by default or on a per-posting basis. Readers of this article will learn about:
- Enabling the LinkedIn job board integration
- How the LinkedIn job board integration works
- Troubleshooting issues causing postings to fail to appear on LinkedIn
Enabling the LinkedIn job board integration
||Although this integration can be used by anyone with at least Team Member access, this integration can only be enabled by a user with Super Admin access in Lever.|
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations and API, scroll to the Job boards heading, and click the LinkedIn logo.
- On the expanded tile, select the default behaviour for pushing postings to LinkedIn. The options are:
- (1) Push all published job postings by default
- (2) Choose which postings get pushed to LinkedIn on a per posting basis
- Input your LinkedIn Company ID, in order to allow Lever to associate postings with the correct company page in LinkedIn. For instructions on how to locate your LinkedIn Company ID, refer to our LinkedIn Company ID help article.
- Click the checkbox to confirm your agreement to LinkedIn Jobs' Terms and Conditions.
- Click the Turn on integration button.
Disabling the LinkedIn job board integration
To disable the integration, navigate to Settings > Integrations and API and click the active LinkedIn toggle under the Job boards heading. Click the Yes, disable button on the pop-over that appears to confirm that you wish to disable the integration.
||If you used the integration to push a specific job posting from Lever to LinkedIn, you must disable the integration from the posting editor in order to remove that posting from LinkedIn.|
How the LinkedIn job board integration works
When the integration is active, new job postings (as well as updates to existing postings) are synced from Lever to LinkedIn once every 24 hours.
Pushing specific job postings to LinkedIn
If the integration was configured to pushing postings to LinkedIn on a per-posting basis, then individual postings must be pushed to LinkedIn from the posting editor.
- Scroll to the Job boards section at the bottom of the Posting tab in the posting editor.
- Click the LinkedIn logo.
- Click the Turn on button.
Once a posting has been pushed to LinkedIn, you will be able to see the date it was added, the number of applicants, and the percentage of applicants hired in the same location of the posting editor. To remove a posting that you pushed to LinkedIn, repeat the above steps and click Turn off.
Issues with postings failing to appear on LinkedIn
LinkedIn will not publish job postings in the following circumstances:
- The job is already posted.
- The job posting has fewer than 100 words.
- The job has no location (including jobs that have "Remote" or "Anywhere" as a location).
||For jobs that are remote or can work from any location, we recommend setting the location to match that of your company headquarters and adding the tag #LI-Remote on the posting so you can easily filter and search for these applicants later.|
Double check that the location on your posting is recognized by LinkedIn, by checking how the location is listed on LinkedIn’s job search page. For example, we can see in the images below how the location "Toronto, Ontario" is recognized by LinkedIn and matches the location on the posting in Lever.
Location search on LinkedIn
Location field on Lever job posting
To add or update the list of locations you can choose from when creating a posting, navigate to Settings > Company and click the Location tab. Note that locations can only added and updated by users with Admin access or higher in Lever.
If you still cannot find your job posting on LinkedIn through a search, it has been more than 24 hours since it was pushed to LinkedIn, and the posting meets the criteria listed above, please contact Lever Support for further assistance.