|Available for||Roles||Super Admin, Admin
Team Member and Limited Team Member if default approval chain enabled
|Permissions||• Create and edit requisitions that the user has access to|
|Packages||LeverTRM for Enterprise|
During the planning phase of talent acquisition, it is important to stay organized by ensuring that all posting information is aligned to your organization’s headcount and budgetary constraints. Requisitions hold all internal information related to a job posting, including allocated headcount, reason for hire, and compensation, and are used to ensure that the jobs for which you are hiring directly map to your organizations’ strategy. Before proceeding, note that requisitions serve a different function than job postings. To learn more, check out our help article on understanding the difference between job postings and requisitions.
||The option to enable requisitions requires the LeverTRM for Enterprise package or the Advanced HR add-on.|
Before you can create requisitions, the ability to do so must first be enabled in your Lever environment by a user with a role provisioned with the 'Manage requisition settings' permission. Once enabled, every candidate that you hire must be hired against a requisition. To enable requisitions:
- Navigate to Settings > Requisitions
- Move the 'Enable requisitions' toggle to the on position
To create a requisition:
- Navigate to Jobs via the platform header
- Click the 'Requisitions' tab at the top of the left-side filter column
- Click the + Add Requisition button
- Fill out the fields in the requisition editor. The requisition name, code, and headcount fields are required for all requisitions. Additional fields can be configured as required and custom fields can be added by a Super Admin or Admin via your Lever environment's requisition settings. To learn more, refer to our requisition settings help article. Below is a list of fields that appear in the requisition editor:
- Requisition name
- Requisition code - this code can be entered manually or generated automatically, depending on how requisitions have been configured in your Lever environment
- Headcount - input a specific number or mark as unlimited; you can also indicate whether the headcount is a backfill
- Work type
- Requisition hiring manager
- Requisition owner
- Compensation band - the amounts will be reflected on the offer form when generating offers for candidates being hired against the requisition; offers with a compensation outside of the compensation band on the associated requisition can be made to be subject to an approval workflow.
- Requisition description
- Time to fill start - this date can be used as a start point for how time to fill is calculated on the Requisitions dashboard in Visual Insights; to learn more, refer to our help article on configuring the time to fill calculation.
- Time to fill end - this date can be used as an end point for how time to fill is calculated on the Requisitions dashboard in Visual Insights; to learn more, refer to our help article on configuring the time to fill calculation.
||As you are creating a requisition, you can link it to existing job postings by clicking + Add posting on the right side of the editor. Hired candidates associated with the linked posting(s) will be counted toward the headcount of the requisition. Note that if you are linking a confidential posting, that posting will be the only one that can be linked to the requisition. To learn more, refer to our help article on linking postings to requisitions.|
- Click the Create Requisition button at the top of the editor.
- If requisition approvals are enabled in your Lever environment and the requisition you are creating meets the criteria of at least one requisition approval workflow, you will be shown a summary of the approvers in the approval chain and will be prompted to submit an approval request. You will be unable to proceed past this step until the requisition has been approved by each approver in the chain.
||Once you proceed to the approvals step, the requisition is in a pending stage and the fields will lock. To edit the fields on the requisition click 'Discard approval', and the requisition will move back to a draft stage.|
- Once the requisition has been approved by all approvers, the requisition will open. After this point, you will be unable to edit the requisition code, headcount, or compensation band on the requisition.
Editing and deleting requisitions
To edit or delete a requisition, select it from the requisition list to re-open the editor. When making edits to requisitions, note that the following conditions apply:
- You will be unable to edit the requisition code, headcount, or compensation band of open, closed, rejected, or on-hold requisitions.
- You will be unable to edit requisitions while in a 'Pending' stage. To edit, click 'Discard approval' and the requisition will move back to a 'Draft' stage.
- Team Members and Limited Team Members can only make edits to pending and draft requisitions. A default requisition approval chain must be enabled and they must also be the owner or hiring manager on the requisition.
To delete a requisition, click the ⋯ button at the top of the editor and select the Delete option.
When deleting requisitions, note that the following conditions apply:
- Team Members and Limited Team Members cannot delete requisitions that are open, closed, or on hold.
- Requisitions can only be deleted by the users that created them.
Requisitions can have one of six statuses. Below you will find a description of each status and how it impacts a requisition's ability to be linked to a job posting from the posting editor.
|Status||Description||Can link to job posting via posting editor?|
|Open||Requisitions open once they have been approved. Link open requisitions to postings for which you are actively hiring.||Yes|
|Closed||Requisitions will close automatically once their headcount has been filled. To close a requisition prior to its headcount being filled, its status must be changed manually (see below).||No|
|Draft||Requisitions will have a draft status if they require approval and details have been saved in the editor, but approval has not yet been requested.||No|
|Pending||Requisitions awaiting approval.||No|
|Rejected||Requisitions that have been rejected by an approver and have not yet been submitted for re-approval.||No|
|On hold||If you are pausing your recruitment efforts for a specific role or set of roles, you can put the requisition on hold.||Yes|
You can manually change an approved requisition's status to Open, Closed, or On hold via the 'Status' menu in the requisition editor.
Connecting to requisitions via API
You can use Lever's requisition API endpoints to connect requisitions in an external platform, such as an HRIS, to your Lever environment. Use 'write' endpoints to push requisitions from an external platform into Lever. Use 'read' endpoints to allow an external platform to analyze the requisitions that you create and manage in Lever. To learn more about how to set up these connections, refer to our API credentials help article.
Hybrid requisition management
If you have configured the 'Hybrid' requisition management option in your requisition settings, you can create and edit requisitions both directly in Lever as well as in an external system connected via Lever's API. This option also allows to create 'draft' requisitions in an external system that you then push to Lever for final updates and approval. To learn more, refer to our requisition settings help article.
||Analytics related to requisition data can be found on the Requisitions dashboard in Visual Insights. To learn more, refer to our Requisitions dashboard help article.|