On occasion, you may run into times where you’re unable to view an interviewer’s calendar or schedule an interview to a particular calendar. Let’s dive into what might be happening here:
Error message #1:
- View availability - “Events from one or more calendars could not be shown here because you do not have the permission to view them.”
This error message means that the interviewer has not given you access to their personal Google Calendar.
Error message #2:
- Rescheduling an interview that you did not initially schedule - “You do not have access to a calendar this interview is scheduled on. Unable to reschedule.”
This error message means that you haven’t been given access to the shared or personal Google Calendar that the interview is scheduled on.
Solution: sharing a Google Calendar
If you don’t have access to a shared calendar, please ask a Google Apps admin to give you access to this calendar! Make sure they give you this permission level: “Make changes AND manage sharing”.
If it’s a personal calendar, your colleague just needs to share their calendar with you.
To share a personal or shared Google Calendar with someone, follow these steps:
1. Open Google Calendar.
2. Under “My Calendars” on the left, find the calendar you want to share. Click on the down caret next to the calendar’s name.
3. Select “Share this Calendar” from the dropdown menu.
4. You’ll be taken to this page:
5. On this page, designate the specific people who can access the calendar, or share it with everyone in your organization. You can also designate the level of permissions and access you’d like each person to have.