|Super Admin, Admin, Team Member, Limited Team Member
Can only be configured by Super Admins
|• To enable: Manage API credentials and manage integrations
• To use: View profiles and associated job postings
|LeverTRM, LeverTRM for Enterprise
As an official TriNet Zenefits partner, Lever makes it easy to automatically push hired candidate information over to TriNet Zenefits. Candidate data from Lever will dynamically populate a new Zenefits employee profile, minimizing the time spent on manual data entry. And if your team is using TriNet Zenefits offer workflows, you can even push a candidate out of Lever and into TriNet Zenefits to kick off the offer process! Here’s how:
Enabling the integration
- Navigate to your account's Integrations page in Settings.
- Find the Zenefits logo and click the toggle.
- After you’ve toggled on the TriNet Zenefits integration, you will be prompted to enter the Company ID for your TriNet Zenefits account, as well as a Client Secret token generated through TriNet Zenefits. These can be generated at https://secure.zenefits.com/dashboard/#/ats/1/connect
- You’ll also have the chance to choose a Contact. Who’s the contact? This is the individual who should be notified if there is ever a problem exporting a candidate into TriNet Zenefits. Hint: if you’re setting up the integration, it probably should be you!
- To confirm that you have entered all information correctly, click “Verify”. This will send a test request to TriNet Zenefits to ensure that Lever can successfully authenticate using the Company ID and Client Secret token that you provided.
- Does your team use TriNet Zenefits offers instead of Lever’s offers? Go ahead and turn on Zenefits offers instead of Lever’s offers! If you use offers in Lever, choose Lever’s offers workflow.
- Congratulations, you’re all set! Click the “Done” button.
How does the integration work?
When you mark a candidate as “Hired” in Lever, here’s a list of all of the data that gets transferred from Lever to TriNet Zenefits. You’ll see all of this data displayed within a story on the candidate’s profile.
|The profile story letting you know that the data was transferred from Lever to TriNet Zenefits will take a few seconds to load. In addition, this story is secret by default since it may contain sensitive data about the candidate’s offer. Since it’s secret, this story is only visible to account Super Admins, Admins, or those with Sensitive Information Privileges.
Here are each of the fields that are sent from Lever to TriNet Zenefits:
|Lever Candidate Field
|TriNet Zenefits Profile Field
|Candidate's name (required)
|First name, Last name
|Candidate email (required)
|Phone number on the candidate profile
|We send the first resume in the Resumes section. If there are no resumes, we send the first file in the Files section. Learn the difference between resumes and files here.
|Candidate's job title
|Candidate's job location
|Candidate reporting manager
|Date when candidate will start on your team
|Date candidate was sent an offer
|Candidate's annual salary
|List of interviewer's with names and scores
Next time you mark a candidate as hired in Lever, a new employee record will be available in TriNet Zenefits. You will need to go through the "Hire/Add Employee" flow to start working on the candidate in TriNet Zenefits. Right at the top of the "Hire Employee" form will be a searchable field labeled "Import candidate from Lever"!
What if I choose to use TriNet Zenefits offers?
If you use TriNet Zenefits’ offer workflows, Lever makes it easy to push candidates over to TriNet Zenefits. When you move a candidate into the “Offer” stage of your pipeline, a blue “Send to Zenefits” button will appear. Clicking this button will immediately send this candidate over to TriNet Zenefits.
In addition, you can always use the [...] menu to send the candidate over to Zenefits:
Jump in and give the integration a spin today!