Collaboration has always been at the core of hiring with Lever and with our Slack integration, it’s even easier to engage your entire team in the hiring process.
Use our Slack integration the next time you want to:
- Share a promising new applicant
- Remind interviewers to leave feedback
- Start a quick hiring huddle to determine next steps
- Quickly change plans while a candidate is onsite
- Announce to the entire team when a candidate signs an offer
How do I set up the Slack integration with Lever?
Setup couldn’t be easier. Here’s how to enable the integration in less than a minute:
- You must be a Super Admin to enable this integration.
- Go to Lever’s integrations settings page.
- Authorize your Slack account and choose the channels you want to be accessible through Lever.
Enabling the Slack integration for private channels and groups:
Private channels and private message groups will not appear in this list by default. To add them, please explicitly invite the Lever Slack Bot to the private channel or private message group. Here's how to do that:
- Head to the private Slack channel or private message group that you'd like added to Lever. And then invite the Lever Bot to the group by typing "/invite @lever" into the message box. Alternatively, you can @mention the bot within a message to the private channel.
- Then return to the Slack integration panel and hit the "Sync Slack Channels" button.
- The private channel will now appear in the list of available Slack Channels, and you can enable/disable them in the same way that you do for the public channels.
How do I send messages to a Slack channel?
The next time you’re writing a note, type “#” to see the list of enabled Slack channels and to select one.
Adding a note that includes a mentioned channel will post to Slack both the text of your note and a brief summary of the candidate, including a link to the profile.
How do I send interview reminders to an individual?
Never forget an upcoming interview with Lever’s Slack notifications. Easily configure interview alerts to be sent directly to your Slack account 10 minutes before an interview. Learn more about this aspect of our integration here!