We recommend using a shared interviews calendar, as opposed to a personal calendar, for scheduling interviews with candidates.
There are two benefits to a shared calendar:
- The recruiting team or anyone involved in scheduling will be aware of the interviews happening at your organization.
- Anyone on the team will be able to help schedule/reschedule interviews.
How do I create a shared calendar in Google Calendar?
A shared interviews calendar should be created directly from Google Calendar, not by your Google Apps administrator.
Click on the "+" button next to "Add a coworker's calendar" and select "New calendar".
Then go into the settings of that newly created calendar to edit the sharing settings. Anyone who is involved in scheduling and rescheduling should be added and granted the highest-level access, “Make changes and manage sharing”.
The shared calendar will now be available for you to select when you’re scheduling interviews in Lever. You may have to refresh any open Lever tabs for the calendar to appear as an option.
How do I view calendar invite responses?
You may be accustomed to Google sending you a email notification when hiring managers respond to invites scheduled to your personal calendar. For shared calendars, there are several options that you can choose from:
1. Take advantage of Lever's Interview RSVP functionality. View interviewer and conference room responses directly on the profile's panel summary. Learn more here.
2. Ask hiring managers to contact you directly if they cannot make the interview.
3. Turn on "event response" email notifications for the shared calendar. Go to the Calendar Settings, and navigate to the general notifications section. Indicate that you would like notifications for "event responses". You will be notified of all types of responses, but you can create an email filter that filters "Accepted" notifications out of your inbox (instructions).