Following provides a way to keep tabs on a candidate and get email updates when important changes are made to his or her profile in Lever. This ensures that everyone involved in the hiring process for that specific candidate is in sync and up to speed at all times.
Following additionally allows Admins and Team Members to give Limited Team Members access to specific profiles (remember: Limited Team Members can only see the candidates they follow).
Please note: We will be rolling out updated functionality for granting candidate access for Limited Team Members over the coming weeks. If your account has received this new functionality, please see this help article for more information on how to use the updated features to configure Limited Team Members’ access and subscribe to notifications via following.
How do I follow a candidate?
To follow a candidate, click on the “Follow” button next to the candidate profile owner’s name.
How do I stop following a candidate?
Just hit the “Following” button with the bell next to it.
How do I help administer the candidates my coworkers follow?
In the Team settings, Super Admins and Admins can edit the postings that users follow. When a user follows a posting, they will be added as a follower to any candidate who applies to that job or has that job added to their profile.
Notifications about candidates you follow
You can choose which notifications that you’ll receive about candidates you are following on your settings page.
These notification settings allow for granular control of which emails you’ll receive about candidates you’re following. Email notifications include:
- New candidates report: A daily email about new candidates and referrals on postings you follow
- Notes: When a co-worker adds a note that notifies all followers, specifically @-mentions you, or replies to a note you left.
- New hires and pipeline changes: When a candidate moves to a new stage, is archived, snoozed, or hired. This is a daily update.
- Interviews scheduled: When an interview is scheduled for the candidate.
- Feedback completed: When a co-worker adds feedback, a referral form, or manually adds a form.
- Hired referrals: When one of your referrals makes it through the pipeline.
- Offers: When an offer is sent, signed, declined, approved, or rejected for a candidate you’re involved in.
Even if you decide to unselect all types of these notifications, you will still receive an email for notes that concern you directly. For example, you’ll still receive emails for notes where you’re @mentioned and for interviews you’re scheduled for.
Users who subscribe to New Candidates Report and/or New Hires and Pipeline Changes will be sent a single daily digest email. All other subscriptions will generate an immediate email notification to the user.