|Available for||User roles||All users|
As a best practice, we recommend that recruitment teams use Lever's Postings API to connect their LeverTRM environment directly to their jobs page. Once the connection has been made, you can then set up auto-forwarding so that applications sent to your organization's "jobs@" email address will be forwarded to Lever and candidate profiles will automatically be generated in your pipeline.
Readers of this article will learn about...
Setting up auto-forwarding for Gmail
Follow these steps to set up auto-forwarding for Gmail:
- Sign in to the Gmail account that you use to receive applications (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Navigate to Settings (⚙) and click See all settings
- Navigate to Forwarding and POP/IMAP and click the Add a forwarding address button
- In the modal, enter "email@example.com" in the forwarding address field.
- The generated opportunities will appear in the Applicant section of your Lever pipeline. If you wish for the generated opportunities to appear in the Lead section of your pipeline, enter "firstname.lastname@example.org" in this field.
||Lever users in the EU will need to enter the email address "email@example.com" (or "firstname.lastname@example.org" if forwarding opportunities to the Lead section of the pipeline) for this step.|
- Click Next, click Proceed, and then click OK.
- You will be prompted to enter a confirmation code to verify forwarding permission, however, you do not need to input this code. Lever Support will verify the permission on your behalf within 24 hours.
- Once permission has been verified, return to your Gmail Settings and confirm that auto-forwarding has been enabled.
Opportunities generated from auto-forwarded email applications
The source 'Email applicant' or 'Email lead' will be attributed to any opportunities generated via an auto-forwarded application, depending on the email address to which applications were forwarded (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Make sure that every email application has a resume attached, so the candidate details can be properly parsed into the opportunity profile. Lever will be unable to generate an opportunity from the forwarded application if it does not contain a resume.
To learn how you can use the email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org email addresses to bulk upload candidates to your Lever pipeline, refer to our help article on adding multiple candidates to Lever via email.