|Available for||User roles||All users|
|Packages||Select Lever packages|
If you have a repository of candidates that you need to add into Lever, there are two methods for bulking importing candidate profiles - email forwarding and CSV import. This article will cover how to add candidates in bulk via the email forwarding method. For instructions on how to bulk import candidates using the CSV import method, refer to the following support article:
First off, note that a resume is required to create a candidate profile using this method. Sending resumes to email@example.com will create candidates in the “New Applicant” stage, and firstname.lastname@example.org in the “New Lead” stage.
||Lever users located in the EU will need to email resumes to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Complete the following steps to import candidates via email:
- Compose a new email with your work email account. You must email us from the email address tied to your Lever account.
- Attach the resume(s) of the candidate(s) you want to add. Ensure that the resume contains both a name and an email address. The limit is 15 resumes per email message.
- To add profile tags, include them in the subject line or email body. Place a hashtag in front of the tag and use hyphens instead of spaces to connect words. Example: #front-end-engineer, #senior-software-engineer
- To add additional information to the candidate profiles for all resume attachments, enter text in the email body. Please note that this information cannot be edited after you send your email. However, you can make it secret or delete it from the candidate profile in Lever.
- Hit send and wait for our confirmation email!
How will I know if my import was successful?
You will receive a confirmation email from Lever when the import is complete. The confirmation email will tell you if it was successful:
If we successfully created profiles out of some but not all of your resumes, we’ll help you understand why:
I’m getting an error when uploading a resume.
If we can’t create candidate profiles from any of your file attachments, you’ll receive this email notification:
You may also see an error message that indicates that we were unable to parse a name and email address from the attached document. Please ensure that the resume contains both a name and email.
Lastly, sometimes resumes do not upload correctly. Read more in this article about resume upload errors.