|Super Admin, Admin, Team Member, Limited Team Member
Can only be enabled by Super Admins
|• (To enable) Manage API credentials and manage integrations
• (To configure) Manage pipeline stages
• (To use) Manage profiles and view associated postings
|LeverTRM, LeverTRM for Enterprise
The VICTIG integration allows automation of a background check during the application process. This background check can happen at any specified stage during the application/hiring process in Lever. Learn more on the VICTIG website.
Setting up the VICTIG integration
|You must be a team or organization with admin rights in VICTIG to install this integration.
- Contact VICTIG to initiate the integration enablement process
Configuring the VICTIG integration
- The VICTIG team will provide the Webhook URL
- In Lever, generate the Webhook Signature Token by navigating to Settings > Integrations and API > Webhooks
- Scroll to the 'Candidate Stage Change' webhook
- Click + Add webhook
- Enter the Webhook URL provided by VICTIG into the webhook URL field in Lever
- Copy the signature token to a secure place
- In Lever, navigate to Settings > Pipeline and archive reasons
- Scroll to locate your background check stage; this will be the stage that will be used to initiate the background check
- Click Reveal stage ID
- Copy the Stage ID
- Securely provide VICTIG with the Webhook Signature Token and Stage ID to complete setup
- You can override defaults set in VICTIG by using tags on the Lever opportunity
- To do this, VICTIG will need to know the desired tag prefixes. These prefixes will be the beginning of the Lever tag that VICTIG looks for when receiving an order or creates when sending results.
- Prefix overrides will be used on Package/Product, Reference Field, sub-client ordering, Flagging, and the Report Decision. This will be discussed with VICTIG when configuring the integration.
Using the VICTIG integration
Initiating the background check with VICTIG
To initiate a background check with VICTIG, move the candidate to the designated trigger stage in Lever (e.g. "Background Check"). The integration will send VICTIG the following candidate details:
- name (required)
- email (required)
- tags (only tags with set prefixes will be used)
- position department
- position title
Once received, two things will occur:
- The new “Background Check Status:” tag will be created on the Lever candidate opportunity.
- A VICTIG “QuickApp” will be sent to the candidate’s email and phone (depending on pre-configured client settings with VICTIG).
Background check status
The integration will update the “Background Check Status:” tag on the Lever candidate opportunity. Please find below a list of statuses:
- "Pending": VICTIG has received the request and the “QuickApp” was generated correctly
"Rejected": VICTIG did not receive or accept the request and there was a problem; a note with the error description will be added to the opportunity in Lever
- For example, if an email is missing on the opportunity the request will be rejected.
- “In Progress”: the candidate has completed the “QuickApp” and the background check is being performed
- “Complete”: background check has been completed and results are in Lever
- “Error”: an issue between Lever and VICTIG communication
Background check results
When the VICTIG background check is completed the status tag will update and a note with the background check results will be created on the candidate opportunity in Lever. The note will be sent as “secret” meaning that only authorized users will have access to see the results.
In addition, depending on the customer configuration, two new tags will be created:
- "Flag": To indicate if the report was “flagged”
- "Decision": Indicates the “Report Decision”.
Other integration functions
- A default product will be set during the initial configuration (outlined in the "Configuring the VICTIG integration" section above). This value can be changed by contacting VICTIG support.
- The default product can be overridden by adding a Lever tag with a specific prefix.
- The prefix is also set during the initial configuration and can be customized.
- For example, the prefix could be set to “Product:” or “Package – “.
- The value that follows the prefix will need to be the exact name of the Product/Package created in VICTIG.
- For example, if there is a default product “Criminal Package 1” and an override prefix of “Product:” and a tag of “Product: Criminal Package 2” is included and added on the Lever candidate opportunity, then “Criminal Package 2” will be the product used for the background check instead of the default “Criminal Package 1”.
- If the tag does not have the exact prefix added to the beginning, then the default package will be ordered.
- If the prefix is correct, but the product specified does not match a product in VICTIG exactly, then it will either use the default or error. This is another setting that can be configured.
- To take advantage of Sub-client ordering, Lever’s Location field is used to map to a field of choice within VICTIG.
- The following options are supported:
- “Client Code”
- “Client Name”
- “Client City”
- “Don’t support sub-clients”
- If the location matches the option selected, then the sub-client will be used in VICTIG.
- If the value of the Location does not match the selected VICTIG value then it will either revert to the main client or return an error. This is another setting that can be configured.
Reference field value
The reference field is not something that is always used by VICTIG customers. With that in mind, there are a couple of Lever values that can be mapped to it:
- “Don’t support Reference Field”
- “Job Title”
- “Job Department”
- “Through Tags”
If “Job Title” or “Job Department” are selected, then it will automatically map to those Lever values.
If “Through Tags” is selected, then another setting to set the prefix will be used to identify the correct tag from Lever.
Flagging and report decision
- Users will have the option to send Flags and Report Decisions with the results.
- If electing to use Flags and Report Decision, then users will be required to set a prefix that VICTIG will use to create new tags in Lever when it sends results.
- Flags will be sent as a true or false value.
- If the Prefix is “Flag:”, then the tag created will be “Flag: True” or “Flag: False”. The Report Decision tag will send whatever value is selected on the VICTIG report.
Disabling the VICTIG integration
- In Lever navigate to Settings > Integrations and API
- Under the Authorized Apps tab, locate the VICTIG app
- Click Revoke access to disable the integration