|Super Admin, Admin, Team Member, Limited Team Member
Can only be enabled by Super Admins
|• (To enable) Manage API credentials and manage integrations
• (To configure) Manage pipeline stages
• (To use) Manage profiles and view associated postings
|LeverTRM, LeverTRM for Enterprise
The Verified First integration enables Lever users to have a robust screening process. Talent acquisition teams can easily order, manage, and review background checks, verifications, and more pre and post-employment solutions without having to leave the Lever platform.
Setting up the Verified First integration
|You must be a team or organization with admin rights in Verified First to install this integration.
You will work with your Verified First Implementation specialist to set up the Lever API. Once this is set up and you have a username and password for Verified First, you will receive an email from Verified First to setup the Oauth Connection. This email comes from verifiedfirst.com.
- Click Setup OAuth
- Log into Lever
- Review list of requested permissions; click Accept
Configuring the Verified First integration
Configure the trigger stage
- In Lever, navigate to Settings > Pipeline and archive reasons
- Click Customize Pipeline Stages
- Click Add Stage to create a new stage
- In the 'Name' field of the popup window, type in the name of the stage used for Verified First (e.g. VF Background Check)
- Click Add Stage
- Once this new stage is added you can then move it to the desired location in your pipeline.
- After adding the new stage, click Next to proceed to the next step of the stage setup.
- Repeat this process until you have finished customizing the stage.
- After customizing the pipeline stages, navigate back to the Pipeline and archive reasons page
- Scroll down the page and locate the stage you just created
- Click on the Reveal Stage ID link to view and copy the stage ID
- Provide this Stage ID to your Verified First implementation Specialist
|For more information, refer to our help article on adding pipeline stages.
- In Lever, navigate to Settings > Integrations and API > Webhooks
- Locate the 'Candidate Stage Change' webhook
- Toggle the webhook to the on (green) position if it is not already enabled
- You should now be connected and ready to run background checks
Using the Verified First integration
Initiating background checks in Lever
- In Lever, navigate to the Candidates page via the platform header
- Click + Add Candidate
- Click Add Manually to add a new candidate (you may also select an existing candidate)
- Type in the candidate’s name in the 'Enter Name' field
- Enter the candidate's email address in the 'Add Email' field
- Click the 3 dots at the top of the profile editor
- Click Add Form
- Select the Verified First Background Check form
- This form may be listed as "Background Check" on your account.
- Enter the candidate's First Name and Last Name
- Select the background check package from the drop-down list
- Click Submit
- Move the candidate's opportunity to the designated background check stage
- The integration will send the candidate the disclosure and authorization invitation packet to complete
Review background check status in Lever
The integration will update the Lever opportunity using tags and/or notes to indicate the current status of the background check. To check the current status of the background check, review the tag on the selected candidate. The integration will use the following status tags:
- VF Background Check: Pending
- VF Background Check: Completed
- VF Background Check: Rejected
- VF Background Check: Cancelled
- You may also check the 'Notes' section of a candidate profile for any notes that may have been added by the integration. The notes provide a quick overview of the current status of the background check.
- Once the report has successfully completed, the report link will be added to the candidate opportunity on Lever; click the link to view the report
Reach out to Verified First at any time with questions regarding the background screening process.
Disabling the Verified First integration
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations and API > Authorized Apps
- Locate the Verified First app
- Click Revoke Access