|Available for||User roles||Super Admins|
|Packages||Select Lever packages|
Xref's integration with Lever allows you to easily initiate reference checks for candidates that advance in your LeverTRM pipeline. Readers of this article will be able to:
Enabling the Xref integration
||The following setup steps can only be completed by a user with Super Admin level access in Lever.|
Step 1: Generate an API key in Lever
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations and API, scroll to the Background and reference checks section, and click the Xref toggle.
- Click the Generate New Key button on the expanded tile and copy the generated key. Note that this key is unique and will not retrievable once you navigate away from the page.
- Click Done > Got it. The toggle will turn green to indicate that it has been primed for activation.
Step 2: Generate a webhook signature token in Lever
- Navigate to the Webhooks tab from the top of the Integrations and API page.
- Click + Add webhook under the Candidate Stage Change toggle and copy the signature token.
Step 3: Configure the integration in Xref
- Log in to Xref and navigate to the Integrations page.
- Click the Request Connection button on the Lever tile. This will notify your Xref Customer Success Manager (CSM) that you wish to enable the integration with Lever.
- When your Xref CSM contacts you, inform them of the stage in your LeverTRM pipeline that you want to associate with an Xref reference check trigger.
- Your Xref CSM will enable the connection. Once they have done so, click the Settings button that now appears on the Lever tile on your Integrations page in Xref.
- In the modal that appears, paste the API key and webhook signature token that you copied from Lever into the corresponding fields and click Save.
- Your Xref CSM will be notified that you have saved the API key and signature token from Lever, and will provide you with an Xref webhook URL.
Step 4: Complete activation of the integration in Lever
- Navigate back to the Webhooks tab in the Integrations and API section of your Settings in Lever and paste the Xref webhook URL (provided by your Xref CSM in Step 3) into the field beneath the Candidate Stage Change toggle (the same time from which you first copied the Lever signature token).
- Flip the Candidate Stage Change toggle to the 'On' position. The toggle will turn green to indicate it has been activated.
Using the Xref integration with Lever
Candidates will be submitted for a reference check automatically when their opportunity is moved to the stage associated with the trigger configured by your Xref CSM during setup.
Moving this candidate's opportunity to the 'Reference Check' stage will initiate an Xref reference check.
You can monitor the status of the Xref reference check in the tags that appear on the candidate's profile in Lever.
The tag on the candidate profile reads "Xref - Candidate submitted."
To learn more about the Xref integration, refer to Xref's Lever integration page.